18

March 14, 2021

On the last day, I talked to Francis; I tried to ask him how mad he would be for me if I were to sleep with his friends. He did not care who it was; it was just me because of our history. He would think I did it to spite him. He was a little suspicious, but I reassured him I had gotten curious about it. However, It has been nearly a month since I spoke to Francis. Everyone began to notice my avoidance. I wanted to keep the relationship I had with Antonio a secret. I did not need anyone involved as I tried to figure my feelings out, especially since Antonio and I had constantly slept with each other.

"Hey, Arthur?" Francis tried to stop me, but I moved around him and kept walking. Why did he want to talk to me so bad? This is the first time I am realizing how much he has always come up to me. I never really went up to him. I took a seat at my desk, and Adnan smiled at me. "Arthur, look how sad he is? you can not tell me he has not grown on you?" He asked. He tried to grab my face, but I moved away from him.

"Excuse me," I smiled. I walked over to Alfred quickly and sat in front of him. "What is it? You and Francis must be mad at each other for you not to speak to him." He looked at me, annoyed. "Listen, we are not, but we were never friends; you know better than anyone," I spoke. "Yes, I do, and at first, it was expected; the two of you could not look at each other, then suddenly the bickering turned a little friendly; Arthur, I can not understand what is going through your head."

"Alfred, it is not like we are friends; besides, isn't it good to move on from the past? I mean, we are older now, and things have changed. That does not mean I forgive him completely, but I think the both of us are trying to patch up our relationship in our weird way."

"Oh really? Then why stop talking to him? What is going on? You hardly talk to me anymore, especially after-after that night! I want our relationship to go back, and we do not have to talk about that night again! I just want to talk to you as a friend again."

"I know, I am sorry... I have just had a lot of things on my mind."

I have not told him anything because if I did, I would have to go as far as that night. Francis told me not to tell anyone, so I could not. "Like what? Please talk to me," He smiled. It was reassuring and caring and made me feel safe. "I can't, though; I can only tell you bits and pieces, and even then, I am not sure if I should?" I spoke nervously. "Then do that? Give me the bare minimum; help me understand," he smiled.

He held onto my hands, and I smiled at him.

"To put plainly, something happened...something bad. Because of it, Francis and I were forced to talk to each other, and I suppose that is how we got closer. However, we are not friends at all. We just got mixed up in a situation, and I can not tell you what it is because I was sworn to secrecy."

He smiled at me and nodded. "I believe you. Is it the reason why you are not talking to Francis?" He asked. "Yes, it is connected to what happened, I wish I could explain more, but I can not."

"Do not worry, I understand. If you want to tell me more, do not be afraid to talk to Matthew or me, we are friends!"

"Thank you. Also, Antonio told me he knows and that you know; I am sorry."

"Ah! he told you!"Alfred began to look around nervously. "Just do not tell Francis; Antonio thinks it could be awful," I explained. "Do not worry; your secret is safe with me; I am sure Antonio knows best."

"Also, are you and Antonio a thing? how is that?" He asked. I began to laugh, and I smiled at him. Alfred is the best person in my life, and he always knew how to make me feel less awkward. "Ah, I think we might be better as friends. Although we have slept with each other, I do not know how to feel about him," I spoke.

"Think about it this way, could you picture yourself being with him? Anyone? who is the first person to come to mind?" Alfred asked. The first person to come to mind? Someone I would be with?

Francis suddenly came to mind, and I began to laugh. "That would just be crazy," I laughed. Alfred laughed at what I said and shook his head. "Well, I think you should talk to Francis again, you are right! It is all in the past, and it would not hurt to try and be friends with him. I was a bit skeptical, but the two of you were at each other's throats. Now we have a group of people, and everyone seems to get along; it would not hurt to patch things up, maybe even say sorry for the things the two of you did to each other.

I laughed at what he said and shrugged my shoulders. "I do not know how he views me now; it would be hard to confront him," I smiled. "You won't know till you try," Alfred spoke. I looked over to Francis, who was joking with Gilbert and Antonio. Should I care about Adnan? he is only doing this to scare me. I should just talk to Francis or try to, at the very least. I was sure he might understand if I explained everything to him.

Francis suddenly turned to me, and our eyes met. I felt my heart beating out of my chest, and I slowly reached my hand to hold onto my shirt. I slowly smiled at him, seeing how dumbfounded he looked. Antonio will understand why I do not want to continue our relationship.