16

February 13, 2022

Tomorrow was the day! Antonio and I planned to go on a date, and no one knew. "Arthur, what are you doing tomorrow?" Matthew asked. Everyone was sitting together. Alfred tried to ask me, but I told him I had a date already; no one knew who it was. " I have a date," I spoke. Antonio looked down, Alfred looked sad, Adnan was here as usual, and I could not get rid of him. He had not tried anything, but I was waiting. Matthew, Gilbert, and Francis looked at me, shocked. "What? with who?" Francis asked. "None of your business!" I said, annoyed.

"Francis, we should go on a date!" Adnan suddenly clung to Francis, and it pissed me off. "Hands off!" I said, annoyed. I pulled Francis away from him and glared. "Oh? the two of you would make a cute couple!" Gilbert spoke. "No, we would not!" Francis said, horrified. No one else knew what had happened; Francis was too embarrassed to say anything. We just agreed to tell people that if Adnan got out of hand, we had each other, so we were not entirely worried.

"I thought you hated him?" Matthew laughed. I rolled my eyes and pushed Francis away. "I do," I spoke, annoyed. "That hurt!" Francis yelled at me. He shoved me back, and I glared at him.

"If you're going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty!" I shouted.

"If you have a problem with me, write the problem on a piece of paper, fold it, and shove it up your ass."

"I forgot the world revolves around you. My apologies; how silly of me."

"When you look in the mirror, say hi to the clown you see there for me, would you?"

We both began to glare at each other, and Alfred pulled me away. "I ought to slap that smile off your face!" I yelled. "Oh? Please do it. I want to beat the shit out of you!" He glared. I pulled away from Alfred and pointed the finger at Francis. "Do not tempt me!" I yelled. "Get your sausage fingers out of my face!" He yelled. He pushed my finger away, and I continued to point at him. "Stop that!" He said, annoyed.

"No, you stop that!" I spoke. I pushed his hand away, and we started to slap each other's hands. "Francis, stop acting like a child!" Antonio suddenly spoke.

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" Francis and I yelled in unison.

I placed my hands on my hips, and he crossed his arms. "I hate your stupid face! do us a favor and put a paper bag on it!" I hissed. "Jokes on you! my face is beautiful!" He said, annoyed. "Your mom lied to you, and she is supposed to tell you that," I glared. "Ugh! just kiss already!" Matthew spoke. Francis and I stopped arguing, and we both turned to him slowly.

Where the hell did that come from?

I felt my face heat up, and I looked to Francis, who was equally speechless. He looked at me, and we both turned away from each other. "Why would you even say that?" Francis spoke. "Great, you broke them!" Gilbert laughed. Francis and I sat down and did not look at each other after that. A sudden feeling came to me as I heard Matthew say that. I do not want people to get the wrong idea. "How about Adnan and Francis go on a date? maybe the two of you will learn to love each other?" Alfred mocked.

"I agree!" Adnan smiled. He gave Francis a creepy smile, and Francis began to shake his head. "I am good," Francis spoke. It seemed like fun to everyone, but to him, it was a night in hell. Could they not sense his body language? "Francis, do it! It would be fun!" Matthew smiled. They all started to pressure Francis, and I felt terrible. "Sure! If Arthur says yes to it," Francis spoke. My eyes widened, and everyone stared at me.

Why did he put me on the spot? If I said no, people would wonder why! As well as think I have a thing for him. If I said yes, Francis could be in trouble. "Come on, Arthur, unless you like him or something?" Gilbert teased. I do not like him that way, and I was just afraid for his safety. Wait, someone who hates someone else would not care. Maybe I did not completely hate him?

I looked at everyone, eagerly waiting for my answer. Francis was uncomfortable with Adnan putting an arm around him. Who cares what other people think? I do not want him to go through something. I knew that If I said yes, everyone would try and 'help' by setting up a date for them.

"And if I did?" I asked.

Everyone looked at me, and I was serious. I will explain this to Antonio later, and I can devise an excuse. "What?" Alfred asked. He sounded angry, Antonio looked almost heartbroken, Matthew and gilbert looked shocked, and Adnan looked confused. "Yes! and If I did?" I added. I looked to Francis, who was starting to get red.

"Don't go; stay home," I spoke.

Francis suddenly started to laugh, striking me on my shoulder. "But I have a date, so you can't be with me; I am looking forward to it," I smiled. I could see Antonio look away, embarrassed, knowing I did well. Killing two birds with one stone! "Well, you heard him!" Francis laughed nervously. "Sorry, Adnan! Maybe next time," Francis laughed nervously. I laughed at him and tried not to look at anyone. I could only imagine all the things Alfred would ask me later. I was sure that he knew I could not give his feelings back, but he respected it and still wanted to be friends with me. I am sure that must be hard for him. I took a breath out and continued to eat my food. Let's just hope tomorrow night goes as planned.