7

I did as Alfred said, I purposely avoided Francis, and it did not take long for him to notice. He would always try and get my attention. I knew he only did that to try and mess with me again. As I walked to drop off my documents, I could see I was about to pass him. He won't bother me if I look down and don't look at him.

"Oooooh, Arthuuuuuur," he hummed. I looked up and immediately tripped. He held his foot out as I looked up. "Ugh! You are such a child! I was walking, and you had to trip me?" I asked, annoyed. He continued to smile at me and decided to pull at me. "What are you doing?" I asked, annoyed. "Come with me, and we should talk about something," He spoke. He started to pull me, and I began to pull away. "You can not just pull me to a place; what if you are trying to kill me?" I spoke. He shoved me into a small janitor's closet and looked at me. "First, if I wanted to kill you, I could have done that a long time ago; I do not waste my time with idiots like you," He spat. "Huh? You stupid cheese eater! You are the one pulling me into the closet!"

Francis suddenly covered my mouth and pushed me against the wall. "Will you stop talking for five seconds? I have something important to tell you," He spoke. I stopped moving around and looked at him, confused. I then pushed him away from me and looked at him seriously. "Fine, you have one minute, or else I am leaving," I spat. He breathed out, relieved, and stepped away from me. "Well, it is two things; the first is about this person. I found out today he is going to start working here."

"Okay? And?"

"Just shut up, and let me finish!"

"Okay..."

"He was at the last job I was at before this, and one of the reasons I quit, he is a pervert and a very aggressive guy. He always used to try and harass me, and when I finally said something, he threatened me."

"Threatened? what? why are you warning me about him?" I asked. Francis was being harassed? How bad was it for him not to say anything? "I am warning you because you have a big mouth; I do not want to be put in a situation where I have to help you, so do me a favor and do not be an idiot, as usual," He spoke, annoyed. "help me? I would not ask for your help; besides, it seems like you would not be able to do much since you fled because of him," I rolled my eyes. "Ugh! will you listen to me? I am trying to be helpful," He said, annoyed. I listened to what he was saying, but I did not care. If anything, it seems as though I would have to save him.

"Fine then, I will make sure not to be sarcastic, deal?"

"more or less, just try not to be your usual self."

"ANYWAY! what was the second thing?"

"Ah, right, well, I overheard Alfred and Gilbert talking-"

"You were eavesdropping?!"

"Arthur, please shut up!"

"Ugh! go on..."

He rubbed his forehead, annoyed, and breathed out deeply. Francis placed his hands on my shoulders and suddenly smiled at me. It looked forced and scary. "Okay, out with it," I spoke. "I overheard them talking about you, and I was right; Alfred does like you romantically," He rolled his eyes at the last part. My eyes widened, and I moved away from him. "So, you still wanted to tell me even though it was none of your business?" I asked, annoyed.

"Well, you do not like him; you should tell him."

"And why does that concern you?"

"Well, I-"

"Francis, that was not your place to tell me," I said, annoyed. When I said that, he looked like he felt bad. "This is why I hate you so much, and you do not mind your business; what a wanker," I spoke. I moved passed him, and he stopped me. "What?" I asked. "Just remember what I said about that other guy, at least," He spoke. "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, he is a bad guy, and I need to watch what I say; I can handle it myself," I spoke. I began to move past him again, and he looked at me, annoyed. "Whatever you say," He told.

I finally left the closet and looked around to ensure no one saw me. I did not want people to think wrong about the two of us. I began to walk away, and I saw Antonio suddenly see me. "Hey! Arthur! Have you seen Francis?" He asked. "Ah! no, why?" I asked, confused. He smiled at me and suddenly put an arm around me. "Well, are you going to take me up on the offer of spending time alone?" He asked. "Alone?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, Francis does not have to know," He laughed. Wait a minute! This situation, mixed with Francis being upset about that comment? Were they a thing, maybe? "Hmm? Why not? are the two of you a thing or something?" I finally asked. His eyes widened, and he began to laugh. "What? No! We are just really good friends; I only said that because I am sure he would be upset if we did," He laughed. "Huh? but why?" I asked. I was trying to get the information out of him.

I moved away from him and smiled. "Ah, well, I wondered that at first, and that is why I was given the impression that the two of you might have had a thing with each other; but now, I am thinking it is because he and I are friends, and the two of you are not. In a way betraying his friendship, I am not entirely sure. But, to spare his feelings, we should not say anything," He laughed nervously. Well, I guess he might have a little bit of a point.