8

As Francis warned, there was a new worker who started the following week. "Everyone, this is Sadik Adnan; he is working with communications, so if you would like to talk to him about anything, he will be in that area," Our boss announced. I was in communication; maybe that is why Francis warned me about his behavior. We would work together a lot. Mr. Vargas began to walk toward me, and I knew what would happen. I looked across the room and saw Francis staring at me. Maybe he is not as bad as Francis said he would be. WAIT! AS IF I WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING COMING OUT OF THAT CHEESE EATER'S MOUTH!

"Arthur, this is Adnan; he will be working with you a lot, so explain what daily duties you both will have and the breakdown of the month," Vargas spoke. I nodded at what he said and gestured for Adnan to sit beside me. "Hello, nice to meet you; my name is Arthur," I spoke. I smiled at him and offered my hand for a handshake. He took my hand and squeezed it tightly, and I could feel how hard his grip was. "Nice to meet you; say, is that a British accent? I always heard that the British were incompetent; maybe you can prove me wrong!" He suddenly spoke. My eyes widened, and I continued to hold up my smile.

Is this what Francis meant? No! he said he was a pervert and aggressive; right now, he just seemed to be passive-aggressive. "Well, welcome to the firm; I am sure you will get along with everyone here," I smiled. He began to look around, and he suddenly stopped in the direction of Francis. I looked at Francis; he was talking to Matthew, and they were laughing. I looked back at Adnan, and the look he was giving him made me uneasy. "Do you know him?" I asked. "Ah, no, but I am sure you do," He smiled. He looked back at me and smiled.

He placed his cheek on the palm of his hand and smiled bigger. "Me?" I asked nervously. He came closer, and his smile seemed to be forced. "Ah, well, I guess I do a little; we are coworkers, after all," I explained. Was this guy obsessed with Francis or something? "Well, that is good then, so what is he like?" He asked. I jumped at what he said and began looking around nervously. "Well, he and I are not exactly friends," I spoke. He smiled at me, and I was getting uneasy. I looked over to Francis again, but he was still talking to Mathew.

He continued to look back to Francis, and the look made me uneasy. It was a weird look, a look that I wanted to slap off of him. Despite hating Francis, that did not mean I would let someone else do something bad to him. I'm not heartless.

"Not exactly?" He asked. I nodded and slowly started to stand up. "Yeah, we aren't friends, we argue a lot actually, excuse me, I need to use the restroom," I laughed out. I quickly walked off, and noticed that Francis finally looked toward me.

"Hey, Arthur? What's up?" Alfred suddenly spoke. I stopped to look at him. "Hey, sorry, I just need to wash my face," I spoke. He began to follow me into the restroom, and I did not say anything to him. I immediately began to wash my face and he started talking. "Hey, are you okay? You seem... frazzled?" He spoke.

"Ah, well, I think I feel a little sick," I spoke. The vibes that Adnan gave off made me feel this way. I wiped my face with the paper towels and the door suddenly opened. "Hey? You okay?" Francis came in. My eyes widened seeing him, and hearing what he asked me. I began to stare at him confused at why he cared. I mean, I know he warned me about that guy, but I was kind of a dick to him.

That guy...

What if he knew Francis worked here and wanted to harass him? Maybe if I try talking to him, I could get some explanations?

"What are you doing here? You will make it worse!" Alfred said annoyed. "No, it's fine, I was just leaving," I spoke. I quickly moved past the both of them, and left the room.

What exactly was Adnan up to? I don't trust him at all, especially how he looked at Francis.

Also! This doesn't mean I care about his safety or anything, it would just be a nuisance for someone else to be involved.

I walked back to my seat, and smiled at Adnan. "Oh, you are back, are you okay?" He asked. "Yes, I'm fine, although I was curious about something," I started. "About?" He asked. "Well, you were looking at Francis, are you sure you don't know him? Or maybe you want me to introduce you both?" I asked.

I wanted to figure out what he was up to.

"Ah, haha, no need, I will find a way to talk to him later."

"Okay, if you say so."

"But, you two aren't friends? How did you expect to introduce us?"

"Ah! Well, he comes with a few friends of mine to drink once in awhile."

"Oh! I see, maybe I should come to?"

"Ah, I'm not—." I was cut off by a hand being put on my shoulder. "Arthur! Aren't you going to introduce me to your new friend?" Alfred spoke sadly. Great! Alfred would definitely invite him! "Hey! I hope Arthur isn't giving you a hard time, sometimes he has a temper!" Alfred laughed. I glared at him and pulled away. "Oh no, we were just talking about getting drinks with everyone!" Adnan smiled.

"What? Really? Arthur invited you?! That will be totally fun! It is me, Matthew, Gilbert, Antonio, and ....Francis," Alfred rolled his eyes saying his name. Dang, I knew he was annoyed with him before, but now it seems worse. "We are going out tomorrow night so you should come! I can't wait to see you!" Alfred added.

Great! That idiot!

Francis is going to kill me.