28

He was watching me eat the food and smiled at me. It was like his aura was radiating sparkles. "Did you poison this?" I asked. His smile suddenly dropped, and he rolled his eyes. "You are such a paranoid person! I am just making sure you eat!"

"Huh? Why?" I asked. I took more of the food in my mouth and chewed slowly. I lifted the wine glass and sipped it as I looked at him. "Because you didn't eat lunch, idiot!" He spoke.

I felt myself staring at him, astonished. I stopped drinking the wine, and I had a flood of emotions over me. He was right... I did not eat lunch. I didn't even eat breakfast, either. Did he notice?

"I figured you probably didn't eat dinner, so I decided to cook for you. I swear you are so air-headed!" He rolled his eyes. My face was starting to feel hot, and he immediately noticed. "Whoa! Are you okay? Your face is super red!" He spoke. I still stared at him, not saying a word.

He noticed I didn't eat.

Why did that make me feel a certain way?

Was it like my stomach was feeling....anxious?

"Arthur? Are you okay?" He asked, more worried. He placed his hand on my hand and I immediately looked at it, horrified. He touched me, and it brought shivers down my spine.

"Y—Yes! I'm peachy!"

I moved my hand away and began to devour my food. What was wrong with me? I began to chug down the wine he gave me, and he looked at me, concerned. "More, please!" I demanded. Francis looked at me horrified and did as I wanted. I began to drink the next glass he gave me, and he still looked at me, concerned.

The food was delicious. Honestly, I wish my heart rate would stop to enjoy it. "Alfred told me you left early the other night and asked him to make sure I got home safely."

I looked at him, horrified, and he looked at me with a tilted head. "Ah, he did?" I asked. That idiot! Why would he tell him?  "I figured you asked because, Adnan, but I guess there was a part of me that wished that it wasn't," He spoke. I stopped eating and looked at him. My face was straight, and I did not know how to feel about this. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

He breathed out, and I reached for my wine again, but he stopped me. "Arthur, you are very confusing," He started. I decided to turn and look at him, and I glared. "You are too! I can not tell if you hate me or like me!" I admitted. It was true; he was friendly and then mean to me. "It is a love-hate relationship I have with you!" He spoke.

"Love-hate?"

"Yes, I can not tell which I feel more of. Do I love you more or hate you more? You have managed to make me feel both."

How did I feel? I suppose it was the feeling. "Our relationship will not get better because of our past. That is why I want to say sorry. I know me being a 'dumb kid' is not a good excuse, but I want to improve it," He spoke. He looked away from me nervously. Did he say sorry?

Was that good enough for me?

"I am sorry too, and I think I made it worse..."

"No! You had every right to do so, we are older now, and maybe we can start over?"

"Start over?"

"Yes!" He looked at me and suddenly held his hand out for me. "My Name is Francis; nice to meet you." I began to laugh at what he said and slowly placed my hand in his. "Arthur, likewise," We held each other's hands, and I continued to smile at him.

As we looked at each other, I felt that feeling again. It was happening again, my stomach was sinking in, and my feet were melting. "Arthur, I also wanted to say..." He started. Francis placed his hand in my hair and began to pull me close. I accidentally put my left hand on his leg and did not bother to move it.

I think I finally realized what this feeling was.

"What is it?" I whispered. I scrunched the fabric of his pants as he came closer. He looked me in the eyes, and I could not help but want more than that.

This feeling...

It was desire...

Despite this situation, I wanted him but was unsure if he wanted me.

Francis was slowly closing the gap between us, and at any second, it would seem like we would kiss. "Happy, early birthday..." He whispered.

My eyes widened at what he said, Francis leaned in, and I immediately moved away. I turned my head to the side, and his lips touched my ear as I did.

Did he just kiss my ear?

"AHHHHH! sorry...." I spoke. I felt my face get hot. No way! He was about to kiss me! He was about to kiss me! "No! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have just assumed!" Francis was freaking out. He was flustered and looked all over the place nervously. "No! It was me! I didn't think you knew about my birthday, and it threw me off!"

Wait!

Why am I sorry he didn't kiss me?

"I'm so sorry! I don't want to make it seem that I— I mean ... I wouldn't mind— no! Uhhh, HOLY SHIT, I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!" Francis was losing it.

He looked around nervously, and I smiled at him. "Hey... don't worry, we can forget this awkward situation," I laughed. He stopped freaking out and looked at me lovingly. "That might be best," he breathed out. He looked down, relieved, and I touched his hand. "Francis?" I started. I spoke in a sweet voice, and he looked at me mesmerized. "Yes? Arthur?" He responded. "You are such a twat!" I laughed.

He looked at me and tried to force a smile up. "You are such a brute!" He said, annoyed.