15

The next day at work, I stood in the corner, drinking my coffee. I was observing Adnan. He does not know I told Francis, so I wonder what he will try. "If you keep staring at him, someone might think you like him," I rolled my eyes, turning to Francis. He smiled at me, and I glared at him. "What do you want?" I asked. I lifted a brow to look at him, and he shrugged his shoulders. "Wondering why you are staring at him. Is everything okay?" He asked. "Well, since you care so much, he does not know I told you, and I want to see what he will do. I am not afraid of him, so maybe if I work smart, I could get him fired," I explained.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall behind me. "Why do you want him gone so bad?" He asked. "Huh? Why not? He assaulted you! he deserves to pay; my only regret is not punching him even more," I spoke, annoyed. "You would do that for me?"

My eyes widened at what he said, and I felt my face get hot. "What? It is not like that! It is not like I care about you or anything; it pisses me off, is all," I tried to defend. Francis laughed at me and shook his head. "Are you blushing? Gross," he laughed. I rolled my eyes at him and shoved him away. "for someone who hates me; you sure do like coming to me a lot," I mocked. "And for someone who hates me, you sure like to beat up people who mess with me," He smiled.

I stayed silent and looked at him with a lifted eyebrow. There was this feeling growing deep inside me. I liked the way we were talking to each other right now. What the fuck?

"Just don't make Alfred jealous; he has been staring at you too," Francis laughed. What he said made me jump, and I began to look around. Alfred looked away from me quickly, and I knew. Damn, I should clarify that what happened the other day was a one-time thing. Although, that does make me an asshole for leading him on. "Hm? Did something happen between the two of you?" Francis asked. I glared at him, and he began to laugh.

"No way! What happened?"

"It is not your business."

"Please! I won't say anything! I'm trustworthy!"

"No, you aren't! You slept with my girlfriend!"

"You did too! We are even, now tell me!"

"Ugh! You are annoying!"

"If you don't, I'll get it out of him!" He laughed.

I glared at him and rolled my eyes. I knew Alfred would tell him to throw it in his face. If Francis tried to sleep with him, that would not work; Alfred would kill him. So what is the worst thing to come from telling him? "We slept together," I spoke. He suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me seriously. "What?" I asked. He looked uncomfortable at what I said. "Slept? Like you went to bed?"

"Eh? You are an idiot! You know what I mean?"

"Ahh, you both just went to sleep?"

Was he in denial?

"You are lying? Tell me you are joking?"

"Eh? You were the one that wanted to know!"

"Huh? I didn't think it would be this! That guy is such a pervert for getting you to do it!"

He was angry now.

"Well, I asked him, so it was me who started it."

"What?! You are such an idiot! He will fall in love with you now! You can't just play with people's feelings like that!"

"Eh? Why do you care so much? We just had a one-night stand!"

"What? That does not make it any better!"

I rolled my eyes at him and threw away my coffee cup. "Why do you even care?"

"Please! Tell me you are joking. Tell me you two just kissed or something?"

Bargaining?

"I won't be mad that you lied! Just tell me you are joking!"

"I'm not joking! Get off of me!" I yelled. He began to hold onto me, and I tried to shake him off. He looked so sad, and he tried to hold onto me. "Do you like him or something? Back off!"

" Please, I can't believe this!"

"You know I'm not a virgin! Why are you so upset?" I asked. He looked down, sad, and I rolled my eyes. "I'm sad because I lost a bet," he spoke.

Depression?

He pretended to cry, and I looked at him unamused. What a child! Also! A bet?! "How much?" I asked. "One hundred dollars!" He cried. "I had high hopes that you would not! But Gilbert and Matthew bet against you! I was on your side! But you decided to be a whore!" He spoke. "Oh, please!"

"No! This is fine! I am fine! We won't speak of this to anyone! Do you hear me? Don't say anything to them!" He glared. "Fine?" I spoke, confused.

He wiped his face and stood up to smile at me. "Don't worry! We all had our whore phases!" He gave a thumbs up.

Acceptance?

"We? Speak for yourself! I'm not going through a phase!" I said, annoyed. I moved past him, and I could tell he was smiling at me. I swear, he acts like a child sometimes. I turned around, and our eyes met each other. I stuck my tongue out at him, noticing a blush spread across his face. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to walk away from him.

Valentine's day was coming up; Maybe I should try and go on a few dates?

"Arthur!" Antonio suddenly came out of nowhere. "Oh, hello," I spoke. I stopped in front of him, and he smiled. "Are you doing anything for Valentine's day?" He asked. My eyes widened at what he asked me, and I shook my head. "Oh, do you want to go on a date?" He asked. Whoa? he was asking me out? Surprisingly, I thought Alfred would have tried to ask me out, but I guess not. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yes! No one has to know, especially Francis," he smiled. I lifted a brow at him and shrugged. Well, what he does not know will not kill him. "Alright then," I spoke. "Great! I will text you the details," He smiled.