42

As I walked home, it began to rain. "This is fucking perfect!" I said. I continued to walk, and I would curse under my breath. "Fucking great, I swear I'm going to jump off the Elizabeth fucking tower!" I said, annoyed.

"ARTHUR!" I heard a shout. My eyes widened, and I turned around quickly. As I did, a force nearly pushed me to the ground. However, I didn't fall, and it was because he was holding me. "Francis? You'll catch a cold!" I spoke, shocked. I was more concerned about him being out in the rain than wondering why he was there. "Shut up for a second!" He shouted.

He held me tightly, and it felt as if I could not breathe. "I hate you so much! For making me feel this way! I hate you so much for your other affairs, and I hate that it was not me instead!" He spoke. My eyes widened, and I pushed him away. The rain began to get heavier, and I wiped my face.

"Francis! I wanted to tell you that Adnan threatened me, but I didn't want you to find out!" I spoke.

"I don't care about that anymore! I should not have been angry. It is not as if I had feelings for Antonio. The thought of you being happy with one of my friends made me upset. It was because I wanted you to be happy with me instead!"

"Francis! We won't work... today just proved it. I know I hurt you, but you hurt me too," I choked. "Then let's start over again! For real, this time! Things will be different!"

"It can not! We aren't for each other!"

"Don't say that! Arthur! Look at me!" He spoke. Francis came to me and grabbed my face to look at him. Water drenched his hair and clothes, and I was starting to get cold. "We love each other, and I know we do!"

"Francis, please."

"When we kissed, I felt it. I had never felt that in my life; please do not say it was just me."

"Francis, we can't; we would hurt each other. It will be hard to love someone you once hated."

"Then don't think about that anymore! Don't think of us as enemies or friends, hell! Don't think of us as lovers, either. As long as we are together, everything in the world will be right again."

"Francis, I think I've had feelings for a long time since the day we first had lunch together."

"Then be with me!" He whispered. Francis suddenly kissed me, and I immediately kissed back. His lips were drenched in the rainwater, and I grabbed his face. My eyes closed, and I fell deeper into the atrocious person standing before me. We continued to kiss each other, and it was heaven.

"We can not!" I spoke.

"Yes, we can! I would kiss you till the end of time if it meant you'd stay here with me."

"Francis! We can not!" I spoke.

I pulled away from him and looked at him upset. "Why not? Let me love you as you should be loved. We are different now than before; we both made mistakes and have moved on. I was a stupid kid who was just jealous."

"Jealous?"

"I've always loved you, Arthur; I just never knew how to express it. Seeing you again, I thought I could forget about everything, but seeing you again made me feel angry. I was mad for hating you back then when it was my fault. It was my fault our relationship was terrible, and I realized it too late.

He always loved me?

"I ruined everything, but I'm not an idiot anymore. I mean... I was a few moments ago for slapping you, which I am sorry about! I—I was upset!" He spoke.

"I wished it was me instead of them! I punched Antonio because I told him how I felt, and he still pursued you! That's why I didn't want you two together!"

My eyes widened at the new information. "He told me he didn't know why—"

"He lied! He has always known I loved you, and I tell him everything. Especially of the boy who I hated..."

Antonio... he was acting dumb this whole time? He knew this entire time! Everything! He knew about me from the beginning! I could not tell if he was evil for that or not.

"I could not stand him saying he loved you! You are not his to love!"

"Then whose am I? Yours?"

"Arthur, I'm being honest with you," he spoke. He looked serious, and I had no idea what to say. "Kissing you was the best thing I could have done. I would never take it back; I—I love you!" He spoke.

My eyes widened, and he came to me. "However, I will stop now if you do not feel the same. I will leave you be and never bother you again," he added.

He just said he loved me.

"I hate you so much," I spoke. I felt tears starting to fall from my eyes. I was sure it was hard to tell which was which from the rain. I felt my hot tears fall down my cheeks. "You can't just tell me you love me!" I started.

"It would be easier to forget you," I said, "and these past few months we've had together. It would be easier if I could hate you. But the sad truth is, I will more than likely love you for the rest of my life," I cried.

Francis came to me again and kissed me.

"It doesn't change a thing. Not a damned thing. I didn't want to fall in love with you and didn't intend to stay in love with you. It's temporary, and it won't last between us. How could it? It is a humorous notion."

Francis smiled, stroking my hair. "Darling, don't say that. I'll die if you stop loving me ..." he whispered. I pulled away from him, and he grabbed my hands. I was in a trap.