25

That night, Alfred, Kiku, Ivan, Francis, Gilbert, Matthew, Antonio, Adnan, Michelle, and Me went out. There were many more of us now, so we all decided that we should meet at someone's place the next time we met up. We all just went to another pub that had private rooms. We all knew we would be loud, so we figured it would be wise. "Hey! You are running late too, I see, an hour to be exact," A voice spoke. I turned around and saw Ivan. "Yeah! I wanted to shower, just in case I got too drunk," I laughed. "That is smart! I would not have thought of that!" He laughed. We began to walk beside each other at a slower pace to talk. "Sorry we have not spoken much since you started; I have been so busy with those meetings! But Alfred seems to like you a lot, so that is good! Have you decided on anyone yet?" I asked.

"Ah! yes, Alfred has been good to me, and I was thinking of going with Matthew; he and I clicked well together. Also, are he and gilbert a thing?" He asked.

"Honestly, I am not too sure, I think they are, but I guess they have not confirmed it," I laughed. "You and Francis get along well? I know you worked a lot with each other this week, but I was given the impression that the two of you were close?" He spoke, confused. "Ahh, well, our relationship is complicated, honestly," I said. It was too complicated for me to explain. "I am sure it could not be that bad," He laughed nervously.

We walked into the pub together and stopped to show the receptionist our IDs. Once she let us pass, we began to walk toward the room Alfred said they were in. "Well, let me put it this way. You know how cats and mice do not get along?" I asked.

"Yes..."

"Okay, well, our relationship is like that for the most part, except there are times that we get so fed up with chasing each other, That we decide to stop chasing each other, and just when you think, "Hey! Maybe cats and mice can get along!" we hear that and do the opposite of getting along," I spoke with a laugh.

He laughed at what I said as we began to approach the door. "You are right; it seems both of you and Francis might be doing that on purpose; maybe try just to get along?" He suggested. I opened the door and started laughing at what he said. "As if that would ever happen," I laughed. He started laughing with me, and we both turned to the suddenly silent room. We both stopped and looked at everyone who stared at us. "What a surprising friendship," Alfred laughed. Ivan and I looked at each other nervously and laughed a little. "Aren't we all friends here?" Ivan asked.

I looked over to Francis, who was pouting in the corner. Adnan was sitting beside him and Michelle like he had separated them. "How about we sit together?" I asked Ivan. I noticed Francis finally look at me, and I made eye contact with him. I glared at him, and he still kept a soft face. Ivan and I sat down, and he put an arm around me. I faced him and wanted to ask a question that was lowkey on my mind.

"Ivan, I need to ask you something?" I started.

"What is it?"

"Well, you seem to have gotten along with Alfred pretty fast. Do I hear wedding bells?" I teased. He began to laugh at what I said and shook his head. "You should learn how to pay attention," He started. I looked at him, confused, and he forced my head to turn. My eyes were still on him as he turned my head, but once I turned to look, it was apparent what he meant. Kiku and Alfred were close, and they looked so cute together. "Oh, I see," I laughed. I looked back at Ivan and shrugged. "Well, I guess that makes sense too," I laughed.

He nodded and took a menu from the table. "How about I buy you a drink?" He asked. "What? are you sure?" I asked. He closed the gap between us and pulled me close, with his arm still around me. "Why not? I think the two of us are getting along great, right?" He asked. I smiled at him and nodded. "To be honest, I have never had many friends before. Most people found me intimidating, but Alfred helped me branch out, and within a week, I have made more friends than I could have imagined," He smiled. It was true that his demeanor could be intimidating, but I see he had his social struggles.

"So! What will you have?" He asked, standing up.

"Rum, please."

"Rum? Interesting!" He laughed. "Does anyone else want to come? I'm getting drinks," Ivan added. Mostly everyone had their drinks already, so they shook their heads.

As soon as he left, Francis immediately came and sat beside me. He had already been drinking so much that I could smell it in him. "So, you have a new friend now?" He rolled his eyes. Francis began to lean on me, and I immediately looked to Adnan, who glared at me. "You too? You and Michelle are getting along well," I laughed, moving away from him. "Ah, you noticed? Does it make you jealous?!"

"Not one bit!"

"Ah! Arthur, you are such a tease!"

"Eh? Here, drink some water."

I grabbed a water bottle and handed it to him, and he began to drink it sadly. "How about we sneak away somewhere? What would it take for you to come home with me tonight?" He slurred. I looked at him, annoyed, and rolled my eyes. "Nothing, I would not consider it," I laughed.

Francis put an arm around me and held me close. "Let's never fight again!" He spoke sadly. "You are asking the wrong person!" I laughed. "You meanie!" He cried.