4

The next day I came into work with the worst headache. I don't remember how I got home, let alone how I had bruises on my face. I kept my sunglasses on as I walked into the building and immediately saw Alfred. "Hey, what happened? I have bruises, and I can't even remember how I got home," I spoke. "Ah! Antonio took you home; as for the bruises... Well, take a look," he expressed. Alfred pointed to Francis, and as I looked closer, I saw he had bruises on his face too.

"Did we fight?" I asked, shocked. "Yeah? But we don't know about what," he tried to explain. Francis turned to look at me, and our eyes met. We stared at each other for quite a while. Long enough for Alfred to see us staring at each other. Francis then stuck his tongue out at me and flipped me off. My eyes widened at what he did, and I turned away. He was not drunk, and I knew he wasn't. He had to have known why.

"Dude? You good?" Alfred asked. "Yeah... I think so," I spoke. I smiled at him and nodded. I looked at my laptop and started to type some things. "Hey, can we talk?" A voice spoke. Alfred and I turned and saw Antonio standing there. "Me? Or him?" I asked. "You," he laughed. He was honestly really charming.

I nodded and stood up. He led me to the office corner, and I could see Alfred watching us. I looked at him curiously and waited for him to speak. "Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked. "Ah! Not really, but I'm assuming Francis and I got into it? What happened?" I asked. "Well, the two of you fought, but he won't tell me why; I don't see why. All he said was, "it is not your business," which is weird," he explained.

Hmmm? Was he not blabbing his gums like usual?

I looked over at Francis, and I saw him trying to watch us mysteriously. "Well, I don't remember much, so I'm sorry," I laughed. "Oh! Do not worry, and I was just worried!" He laughed. He scratched the back of his head, and I continued to look past him toward Francis. He had started to talk to some lady in the office. It looked like he was flirting with her. As usual, he loved being a whore.

Yes, I am slut shaming him.

For a good reason.

"So, do you and Francis have a history or something?  Were the two of you dating or something? Your relationship, I do not get it," Antonio spoke. My eyes widened, and, I shook my head. "NO! Nope! Nooooo! Nope! Never In a million years would we date. He and I... well, it is complicated. We have never gotten along, and we might be considered hateful toward each other. I guess some things never change," I laughed.

"The two of you hate each other? I know the two of you were fighting last night, but it did not seem like the vibe I was getting. I was getting the impression that the two of you had a thing for each other," he spoke. I immediately burst out laughing and saw how Alfred and Francis turned to us. I held onto Antonio laughing and shook my head. "Ah! You are funny, and I should tell Matthew and Alfred what you said later," I laughed.

"Arthur, it was not that funny," he laughed. "It was; thank you for making my day," I smiled. I waved at him to gesture I was walking away. I was going to get some coffee to help me wake up a little. I was still hungover and needed something in my system.

I began to pour myself a drink when suddenly I heard shuffling. I didn't turn around, but I tried to side-eye what was happening around me. "What were the two of you talking about?" Francis asked. I rolled my eyes at him and glared. "Really? Not even a "sorry about hitting you?"" I asked.

"Ahh, so you remember why we hit each other?"
"No!"
"Oh... well, I'm not completely sorry for hitting you," he smiled condescendingly. "Unbelievable; why try and ask me for something when you are going to act like that?" I asked.

"Ah, I'm curious,"
"Wow, well, I got a great story to tell you about a cat,"
"Ouch, well, I am sorry... I realize I started the argument last night, and I was a little petty seeing you at first," he laughed. "Petty?" I asked. I finally faced him and stared at him curiously. I had no idea whether to believe him. "Apology not accepted."

"Figured. Can you still tell me what was so funny?"
"Eh? No! That's none of your business."
"It is because he is my friend!"
"Then go ask your friend!" I rolled my eyes.

"Just stop talking to me; someone might think we are friends and actually like each other," I glared. "Well, that can't be helped either. How about I tell you what happened in exchange for you telling me what was funny," he smiled. I lifted a brow at him, confused. I mean, it was a pretty fair trade. "Fine, but I do not know why you care so much," I spoke.

I began to drink my coffee, and he smiled at me. "Ah, I knew you would love that deal; let's meet during lunch. I will give you all the hot details," he laughed. "Sure! Fine! Just get out of my face already," I said, annoyed. His smile made me want to slap him. He looked so annoying, and it pissed me off. I wanted to just punch him for existing, and I wanted to slap that smile off of his face. "Alright! See you later!" He cheered. He winked at me, which caught me by surprise. However, he rushed away from me before I could make a snarky remark. As if trying not to be seen by anyone.