35

June 12, 2022 ( seven hours before the incident)

The after-party starts at eight. The performance was at five, and it was four-thirty, so we had to direct people into the auditorium for the performance. Luckily, when the day came, I wasn't one of the ones that were scrambling around. I have not seen Francis, Matthew, Michelle, or Yao all day. I did not understand why everything had to be a secret, but I'm sure they had their reasons. They might want to make a good impression on donators so they could donate more money.

"Here are the seat numbers; this is yours," Kiku came up and handed me a ticket. "Thanks. Have you seen everyone else?" I asked. "Yeah, they are starting to sit down; our firm is first; that's why I was here, to bring you over," Kiku laughed nervously. "Ah, will everything be fine?" I asked. "Yeah! Some people will take our spots, come on," he smiled at me.

I began to fix my tie, and we walked beside each other. "So, is it true that you and Francis hate each other? Alfred was talking to Matthew yesterday about how the two of you are closer and nicer to each other, and Adnan said that the two of you hate each other. Yet, I was not given the impression that the two of you hated each other... am I missing something?" He asked. "Ah! It's complicated... we did hate each other, and it's true we are "sweeter" to one another, now we are friends, but that is pretty much it," I explained.

"Wow! Really?"

"Yeah, that's it, just friends..." I spoke. Saying it out loud made me so sad. I've been trying to ignore the way I feel around him. I know I do; I know this is not some silly feeling. The day he gave me the gift was just the starter. I had fallen in love with him and was just not open to thinking about it, let alone talking about it. We were enemies; now we are newfound friends, and I developed feelings. How pathetic.

"Hmm, well, I know Alfred was telling me that he hated Francis for a while, but now he has forgiven him, and they are good friends. However, how Alfred looks at him is different from how you look at him," Kiku started. My eyes widened, and I looked at him, shocked. "What?" I spoke. "The people we hang out with may be idiots, but I'm not."

We walked into the auditorium, and soft classical music was playing. The room was lit up, and people were trying to find their seats. "Don't worry, Arthur, sometimes it's better to say how you feel instead of keeping it in."

"Huh? Why are you telling me this?"

"Well... I can tell you've been fighting yourself against it. It is natural to like someone; why hide it?" He asked. We stopped at the edge of the Aisle in the front, where we would be sitting. "Are you really asking me this?" I laughed nervously. He nodded at me, and I felt my face getting hot. "It's not that simple... we've hated each other for so long, then we have only been "friends" for about a month, that's such a short time, I'm afraid we would turn on each other within seconds. Having feelings complicates the situation more; I'd rather move on..." I admitted.

"I know; I also know that you want to quit."

"How did you— wait... Alfred?"

"Yeah! Haha"

"Ugh! That Yankee never knows how to keep his trap closed!" I spoke. Kiku laughed at me and shrugged. "Do what you feel is best, but I can tell that Francis has gotten attached. He is probably going to be super sad he won't see you every day," he laughed. I smiled at the thought and nodded. "Good, now he can feel like the idiot!" I laughed.

We began to walk down the Aisle, and we both spotted Alfred waving us down. "This seat is for Arthur! Kiku! I saved you a spot right next to me!" Alfred cheered. "Just don't let the opportunity pass you," Kiku continued to smile at Alfred and walked over to him.

I was sitting front and center. The seats were a little separated, but that meant more elbow room. On the left of me were Alfred and Kiku, and to the right of me were Ivan, Gilbert, Antonio, and Adnan. Thank goodness I was not sitting next to him. "Ah! I'm so excited to see Mattie work his stuff!" Ivan laughed. "Heyyyy!" Gilbert pouted.

I laughed at them, and I turned to my left. Alfred was looking around excited, and Kiku was trying to get him to sit still. "How much do you want to bet they will be doing the French Can?" Everyone looked to Antonio, who was thinking about it.

"Why the Can Can?"

"Three of the four speak French! It is a must! If they don't, I will be disappointed!" Antonio spoke. "Ummm, my money is on a Disney musical!" Alfred spoke. "Disney musical? If anything, it would have to be a classic play! Like a phantom of the opera!" Ivan spoke. "Eh? What are all of you going on about?" Adnan laughed. I rolled my eyes at him as he started to talk. "Well, whatever it is, I will be ready to record and show it to them till the end of time!" Kiku smiled.

"Well, it is Mr. Vargas! If he chose what they are doing, it might be a little gay!" I spoke. "Ahh, you have a point!" Everyone nodded in unison, and I began to laugh. "I'm joking! I am sure that whatever they are going to do will be cool and equally funny, I have no doubt," I laughed. "And embarrassing! I can't wait to make fun of Matthew!" Alfred laughed.

The lights started to dim, and everyone started to get really excited. "No way! It's starting!" Antonio spoke. We all started to silence each other, and the auditorium went pitch black.

Sweet Enemies (Fruk/UkFr)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें