1

June 12, 2022

He always pissed me off with anything he did.

I could not tell if he was trying to do this on purpose or not.

I held my fists together as I began to calm myself. I was doing the breathing exercises I had learned online. I felt the liquid fall from my hair onto my cheek, and I began to close my eyes. Everyone was shouting around me, fighting, and I think I was about to lose it. This was it! My breaking point. I think I was going to commit mass murder right now. I opened my eyes, and I finally looked at him. He had a hateful glare as he looked at me. As always, he always acted before thinking.

I had no idea why he was pissed at me in the first place, well, I lied, I guess I kind of knew already. I looked at everyone, pissed, and they all stopped fighting. "I am leaving," I said, annoyed. Francis suddenly stopped glaring and looked concerned. Was it because I did not yell at him? I found it pointless right now. He poured his wine on me after I told him Antonio and I slept together. Was he really that upset that I slept with his friend? Yes! I knew it was bad, but I still did it anyway.

Ugh! why did this happen? I felt like my hands were tied in the situation. I left the room everyone was in and began to think of the events from the months before.

~

Five Months Ago

"Arthur, there is going to be a New Years' party. Are you going?" Alfred asked. I lifted an eyebrow and turned to him. "I guess so; not like I had anything better to do," I laughed. "I hear they invited some of the new employees that are supposed to start working with us; I am so excited," he cheered. That is right, and we did a mass hire for the firm. We were severely understaffed, and they told us we should encourage people to work here.

Alfred was a good friend of mine; we had known each other since high school, went to college together, and now work together. "I was looking at the list, and I saw a familiar name in there," he spoke. "Familiar?" I asked, confused. He nodded his head and sat down in front of me. "I know it has been a while, but do you remember Francis?" He asked.

My eyes widened at that name. Francis... I didn't think I'd ever hear that name again. "Wow?" I asked. He nodded at me seriously and scratched the back of his head. "Wow..." was all I said. He and I never got along. We knew each other way back in high school, and we always were at each other's throats. Then, we ended up at the same university and still ran into each other despite living in different dorms and having different majors. I was an English major, and he was accounting.

I mostly worked with forms and documents for the firm I worked at. However, it was still an accounting firm. What were the odds he would be here now? Kind of like a sick joke if you ask me. "Well? What do you plan on doing?" Alfred asked. "Nothing... That was years ago; we are grown-ups now; I don't see why we would have a problem with each other," I explained. It was true what I said; It has been years, and I am sure that feud was behind us. "Okay, if you say so," He laughed. I planned to make friends with him and be nice; he could be a different person now.

I turned back to my computer and started to type out the document I was working on. "Artie..." Alfred hummed. "What?" I said, typing. "Are you actually going to try and be buddies with him? Didn't he have sex with your-"

"Ah, we do not talk about THAT; that was in high school; people can change," I spoke nervously. The more he brought up the past, the more nervous I felt as I thought about it. It was true, though; He slept with my girlfriend in high school. Amelia... well, now looking back, I know it takes two, but at the time, I was upset since he knew her and I were together, but he still went out of his way to pursue her.  We ended up breaking up, and my hatred for him started.

In college, when we met again, we still had that hatred for each other. I do not see why he hated me, and I did nothing to him.  Well, not at first. I decided to get my own revenge on one of the girls he was dating at the time. I can not put into words how satisfying it was to see his heart breaking. He hated me even more after that, but I did not care.

It's been years since college, and I was in my thirties already. He would be crazy to hold a grudge for that long. If he does, I will be here to keep the same energy. I'm not about to take anyone's bullshit at my own work. I have to come here every day, and dealing with him will be a headache. If he does, it will not take me long to find another job to get away from him. "Don't worry; if he messes with you, I will step in," Alfred smiled.

I laughed at what he said and rolled my eyes. I started to type some more, and I kept feeling him stare at me. "What?" I asked. I looked at him again, and he just shook his head. "Oh, nothing, just trying to figure out if you are mad or not," he laughed. I rolled my eyes again and looked at him, annoyed. "Okay, well, I am not; all that stuff happened when we were young adults; I think everything will be fine," I smiled. I swear, he is always worrying about me when he should be worrying about himself. "Okay then," he laughed.