Volume 9 - Chapter 42: A Month And a Half of Slaughter

The cloud contact vine's large physical structure along with it's strong cell regeneration, even if it got hit by a laser or rail gun, having a part of it destroyed, it could still regenerate. Hence in the world within a world, a Universe level 2 cloud contact vine was truly invincible.

......

About 10,000km away from the 16,300 man team, a universe ship parked on a grassy field.

Within the ship's control room.

A long vine entered the cabin, extending to the control room.

"Cloud vine." Luo Feng affectionately rubbed the cloud contact vine.

"We've successfully killed nine captains, acquiring twelve storage items." A voice resounded within, simultaneously, that long vine curled up and rested within the allied army.

"Tell me the exact details of the situation!" Brolin's voice was cold.

"The fourth large team, under your instructions were stationed at the swamp area. They were prepared to attack and rob other teams. However tonight, just before! There were three strong teams that attacked and surrounded the fourth large team. These three teams also had laser guns, and their strength was very much in an advantageous situation. That plus the fourth team didn't have enough time to react...they were defeated in an instant."

"The fourth large team lost one third of their troops, with the rest dispersing and fleeing."

"During the escape, they were discovered by other teams and chased and killed. This resulted in less than 10,000 survivors in the team." The bodyguard said, "Right now the remaining lucky survivors are swiftly rushing towards the central region."

Brolin went silent for quite awhile.

"Surrounding the fourth large team with three teams, just how many were there?" Brolin asked.

"At least 60,000 people!" The bodyguard said.

"You can leave first." Brolin waved his hand.

The bodyguard left.

Only Brolin was left in the large tent, he squinted his eyes and pondered, muttering: "60,000 people? The thunderstones in this world within a world have almost been dug clean. The battles have begun even faster than what I predicted! What's more, in the blink of an eye, there is a 60,000 combined forces team...looks like the other sides aren't stupid."

Brolin controlled over 220,000 people, while if the other sides had lesser people, that would have been too advantageous for Brolin.

One had to know, each of the other large teams all had Sector Lords behind them!

Powerful Sector Lords, some friends while others in the same organizations. At crucial times like these, ordering their teams below them to team up was a very normal thing to do.

"Have the battles begun?" Brolin licked his lips, eyes filled with madness, "bring it on!"

......

Virtual Universe, Black Dragon Mountain Island.

In a two level quiet villa, the Apeman Chakra sat in a chair, two screens appeared before him, both with people in them.

"Lord Chakra, that was really thrilling, Brolin's underlings were instantly defeated and they lost a good half of that team."

"I believe that Brolin must be raging."

The two people on the screen spoke.

The Apeman Chakra laughed carefree, "you two, that was only our first attack! That Brolin may command a lot more troops than us, but with this loss, he'll be more cautious. However after showing off before, with every side taking him as an enemy, he won't have any good days to live!"