Volume 7 - Chapter 8: Upgrade

"Luo Feng, I've chosen whatever we need to buy from the list. I'll send it over to your notebook immediately."

It took a total of about one second for Babata to come up with an answer.

"So fast!" Luo Feng was shocked.

"I am but the highest degree of AIs, a Living AI! My processing speed is of course fast." Babata's voice in Luo Feng's head was all but modest.

In the study.

Luo Feng lifted his head to look at Jia Yi, Jia Yi, who was lifting his cup of tea realized his gaze and laughed: "No worries! There's quite a lot of information to sift through, it should take about three to four hours. Luo Feng, take your time!" As he said that, walked over to the nearby bookshelf to retrieve a book and began reading.

Luo Feng could only force a laugh.

Three to four hours?

A normal person would take a long time to go through the data, however, filtering through crucial data and making the choice were all done by the Living AI Babata! One second was more than enough to finish.

"If I tell him I've already finished, he would think I'm a monster."

"I just have to wait a couple of hours." Luo Feng moved the mouse, opening the file sent by Babata.

The file opened.

It was a detailed list of items to purchase.

"So many?" Luo Feng was shocked.

The amount of ancient civilization items on the purchase list was extremely huge, so huge that 10 large passenger ships couldn't possibly transport it all.

"Babata, we are exchanging for so many things?" Luo Feng asked.

"Is it a lot? It's not much at all." Babata said, "What are we trying to do? We are trying to build a spaceship! Under such impoverished conditions, to build a ship able to cruise in the universe, one that's able to travel from galaxy to galaxy! Just the materials needed for the ship's body requires a lot! Earth's natural alloys are hardly suitable for such a ship, we can only rely on such remains!"

Luo Feng suddenly understood.

For a ship to be able to fly in the universe, it had to be very heavy. It would definitely require a lot of materials.

"Those remains and materials are not worth it. One Mu Ya crystal can exchange for countless materials in the universe." Babata wasn't fully satisfied.

"That's in the universe! Earth is different."

......

Three hours later.

"Jia Yi, I've made my choices." Luo Feng passed the digital notebook over, facing the screen to Jia Yi, "This is the exchange list."

"Oh that was fast."

Jia Yi smiled as he moved his chair closer to the desk. He began to carefully scan through the exchange list, getting a big shock as he finally went through it; "Luo Feng, why are you buying all these ship remains? These ancient ship remains have been broken for years, they've also been separated by the different countries taking them away, the ship remains that we have, many of them have been disassembled, you want them?"

"Yes." Luo Feng nodded.

"1, 2, 3..."

Jia Yi looked at the list, he was indeed very shocked.

He initially thought Luo Feng was going to buy some special apparatus, but he realized...none of the apparatuses were bought at all! Luo Feng only went for the many different kinds of ship remains, or pieces! Some of the pieces were of extremely hard material, not something earth's tools had the capability of cutting open.