New Interns and Old Secrets

Start from the beginning

As we waited one of the interns, a young woman by the name of Esther who was working in the Public Relations department, decided to make conversation, "Ms. Aliana, you mentioned being the secretary to the Avengers?"

I nodded at her, "Yes, that is indeed correct." At my words her eyes lit up and she leaned forwards in interest.

"What exactly does that entail?" Esther asked me, "I'm sure it must be a very interesting position."

I leaned back as I thought about the best way to answer that. I couldn't exactly tell them about SHIELD and how I dragged Tony out of bed each morning, "I ensure that all of the members are properly informed about their missions, deliver information between them and other governmental organizations, arrange meetings and training sessions. I also do other miscellaneous tasks, just whatever is required of me to make the Avengers life as easy and stress free as possible while making sure they meet all of their responsibilities."

Wow, that sounded a lot fancier than what I really did. Which was mostly hunting down a group of irresponsible adults that liked beating people up but hated the paperwork after all. Or chasing them down to attend meetings, seriously once I had to crawl through the surprisingly large air ducts to find Clint and drag him to his meeting with SHIELD.

"That's amazing," Peter said, "Do you work closely with Stark Industries?"

"I don't have a direct position in Stark Industries, but my job does intercept a lot with Pepper Pot and of course Tony Stark." I chuckled, "I have had to attend more than one meeting with Mr. Stark to make sure all the work was getting done."

I could tell they wanted to ask me more questions, but before they could the door opened and in walked their direct supervisors. The interns were working in three separate departments- public relations, engineering, robotics and design. They were going to be supervised by senior interns who in turn would be supervised by their team leader. The team leader reported to the department head, who reported to somebody else that reported to somebody else until it reached Pepper. However, they were unaware of this, but I had cut the chain of command short and made all the team leaders and department heads report to me.

Honestly, I was bored and this was fun. I was also a great worker and could cut down work for already overworked personnel. As I watched the five interns went with their supervisors, Peter the only one going to the robotics department. He turned around one last time to look at me and I smiled and waved him goodbye.

He was adorable.

* * *

Dinner that night was just Loki and me, so I made some spaghetti and a salad, calling it a night. We sat next to each other at the kitchen counter, talking and eating peacefully.

"-Then he fell down the stairs and dropped the cake on her dress," I told Loki, "She was so angry she grabbed the lamp next to her and hit him over the head. His sister freaked out, but she still had her foot stuck in the pizza box and couldn't drop the dog, so she just yelled for a while. And that's why I'll never order from that bakery again."

Loki chuckled, "That's a wise decision indeed, much too dangerous just to get a pumpkin pie."

I nodded in agreement, "Seriously, I almost thought about jumping out the window to escape. Luckily, I didn't have to do that and still got my pie in the end."

I kept eating as Loki laughed. He went quiet suddenly though and I looked up at him in question. He was staring at me deeply, his eyes an intense green that seemed to ask me a question. I had no idea what it was though, so I couldn't answer it.

"Loki?" I asked, his hand reaching up to touch my cheek. He laid it there, just caressing my face for a few seconds, "Uhmm. Ok."

Very eloquent. Much words indeed.

"You know, you seem to think that you're great at keeping secrets." He said, "But you're an open book, Aliana."

"What do you mean?"

He dropped his hand from my face and just continued staring at me, "When you first entered my mind, I felt a connection with you I've never felt with anyone else before."

"Well to be fair how many people have entered your mind?" I joked, my voice trembling.

"Then I heard that Steve felt a spark with you once," He continued as if I hadn't even spoken.

"I don't even know what that means," I tried to change the topic, but of course, it didn't work.

"Aliana, tell me the truth. Do you have mates?"

AN: Ok, y'all hilarious. The comments on the last chapter were the best, I laughed so hard. Welp, I hope Part 4 does your expectations justice, but can I just say I love all of you. Reading the comments made my day, the whole Order of the Secret Keepers made me want to write a whole ass chapter of Aliana vs Fury facing off with secrets. Lol, I almost cried. In fact, this chapter was supposed to be released next week, but I got so happy I decided to release it today. Thank y'all for so much love <3