𝙹𝙸𝚁𝙾 𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

(Y/N) and all of her classmates were participating in training being overseen by All Might, Aizawa, and Vlad King. It was a joint training exercise with hero class 1-B, a collaboration that didn't happen often but was always beneficial for both competitive classes.

The rules of the training were that everyone was required to get into pairs, and no matter the class, you must defeat other teams to get points. Defeating a team from one made up of people in the opposite class of the one you were in would get you double the points of your classmates, but it was still beneficial to defeat classmates as well. 'Defeating' required either incapacitating both members or wrapping them with a capture tape like the one used during their first hero training class.

Although many people wanted (Y/N) to be their partner, Jiro was the first to have made it to her since she was already standing beside her, and as she pressed her earphone jacks together as if they were shy fingers, she asked to be her partner. (Y/N) accepted with no hesitation, and thus formed the first pair.

Currently, Jiro had her earphone jack plugged into a concrete wall of a building as she listened for any potential teams they could take down, while (Y/N) was standing opposite of her and looking around the corner of the alleyway they stood in.

She was lost in her thoughts, so distracted she had totally ignored the light rumbling of footsteps in her earphone since her beating heart overpowered the noise.

"Jiro!" (Y/N) suddenly yelled, making Jiro retract her earphone in alarm.

She turned to see vines approaching her rapidly, though before they could wrap around her, (Y/N) tackled her out of the way before scrambling to stand up quickly, assisting Jiro sloppily in her rush of panic.

(Y/N) grabbed Jiro's hand and turned the corner before she jumped off the level, the facility being built with elevations so that there was an upper and a lower city and they had just left the upper. Jiro trusted her completely, but she couldn't help but squeal at the feeling of free-falling like a drop on a rollercoaster so suddenly.

Her stand caught her and eased her to the ground before (Y/N) stabilized herself and Jiro before she kept running until they found a building to hide low in, choosing not to underestimate the other team who had the advantage of finding them first. Luckily, it looks like they chose not to take the bait of chasing them into a confined place or even go to the same elevation, because only silence had greeted their muffled breathes.

(Y/N) turned to look over at Jiro, who was listening far more carefully than last time to pick up anything through her earphone jack plugged into the wall.

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) questioned with furrowed eyebrows, looking at her partner in concern.

Jiro retracted her earphone as she nodded her head, her short, bobbed hair cut swaying with the quick motion.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Thanks for that, (Y/N)." She said while rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

(Y/N) nodded her head. "No problem. Are you alright? You've been really distracted."

Jiro silently scolded herself for making it so obvious. Of course (Y/N) would pick up on it, but she was hoping she would just let it slide. The truth was she had been distracted. And the source of it was none other than the girl crouching next to her.

She sighed before shrugging her shoulders, deciding it would be better for the both of them if she tackled this source of distraction.

"...Hey (Y/N), would you consider us close?"

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow in confusion but answered right away, realizing this was really eating at the girl for some reason and she hoped to provide reassurance.