❒︎ 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛 𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

"...Jotaro?"

The tantalizing lethargic smell of toxins spilt through the tunnel, almost smelling like cheap perfume. It was completely silent while the name hung through the air, neither (Y/N) or Jotaro speaking. His hat was tilted, so (Y/N) couldn't see his facial expression, but that only made it so much more intimidating.

The cigarette he pulled from his lips was nearly finished, implying he must have been there for some time. He must have heard everything.

"She joined the group known as the 'Stardust Crusaders' ...deceiving them all along... with plans to kill them."

Present Mic's speech rang throughout her head, and she quite possibly couldn't think of a situation worse than the one she was currently in. Jotaro didn't say a word as he took another drag from his cigarette, not even bothering to look in (Y/N)'s direction.

"...Did you hear everything— no of course you did." (Y/N) started off, not really knowing what to do with this situation. She could tell he was furious by just the way he stood silent, but it looked like he was holding back his anger or trying to calm himself down, hence the cigarette.

"Well, is it true? And don't you dare think about lying to me."

Jotaro took the end of his cigarette and twisted it against the concrete wall, effectively putting out the fire. He then dropped it and lifted his foot before placing his boot right atop the cigarette, squishing it beneath his foot seeing as he was done smoking.

He pushed himself off the wall and moved to stand right in front of the frozen girl, putting his hands into his pockets as he finally looked up. He lifted two fingers to tilt his hat in a way he could properly see (Y/N), and she could see his expression as well.

She lifted her head up just as he had and the expressions on his face made her heart cry out. He looked completely angered, if his furrowed brows and large frown were anything to go on. But, not only that, but there was also a certain sadness. Like he felt hurt or betrayed.

"Everything he said was true." It's not like she could lie to him, she didn't have it within her. It just wasn't right to go and lie after everything that's happened, and as much as she wanted a heartfelt reunion and everything to go back to normal, it was pretty obvious none of that was going to be happening. She was a traitorous villain after all.

"I... I was told to infiltrate your group and take you down one by one, and yet—

She began to try and explain herself, if that would even ease the situation by a little. She was sure he wanted to hear none of it, and she even mentally prepared herself for a fight she knew she would lose. Before she could continue talking, Jotaro had interrupted her.

"—And yet you didn't. Why the hell is that? Not that I ever plan on forgiving you, but an explanation would be real damn nice." Jotaro's narrowed angered eyes never let down their harsh glare, and he never moved an inch from his spot as he waited for her to continue her explanation.

"...Because I grew attached." She had whispered it more to herself, like a realization he wasn't meant to hear. It was low enough that he in fact couldn't hear, but he saw the way her eyes slightly widened.

"I always wondered why I couldn't do it..." Her mumbling was pissing Jotaro off even more and he clicked his tongue to get her attention.

"Speak the hell up." He angrily told her as he shoved one of his hands in his pockets, fiddling around with something. The atmosphere was early, time passing as they talked with one another. Commentary had completely stopped, though (Y/N) had failed to notice, being preoccupied with not getting beat downed into the next universe.