❒︎ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚕

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

Despite being one of the closest people in the proximity of the instigators that prompted the attack on the USJ facility, (Y/N) came out nearly unscathed safe for a bruise or two.

While she delved in her thoughts with the television being background noise, Aizawa was in critical condition. No one had attempted to even contact her to inform her of his wellbeing, so she had to personally make a phone call which immensely frustrated her.

She looked in the phone book, glad Aizawa still kept one around despite the futuristic aspects of this world. She flipped through pages and read the names to look for someone that would possibly know of his circumstances. As she scanned the page, her finger dragging along the dark lines, she stopped on the name 'Hizashi Yamada'.

Immediately recognizing it to be Present Mic's real name from hearing Aizawa say it many times before, she dialed the number and talked with the man for a while.

Mic reassured the girl that Aizawa was doing fine, and he had recently got out of a successful surgery. She thought it would have been nice to know beforehand, but for all they knew she was a complete stranger freeloading in his home, so why should they contact her? It was still frustrating because what if he didn't make it through that surgery? She would live with the guilt of being useless and unable to do anything to help for the rest of her life.

(Y/N) sighed in relief knowing he would be alright as she made her way over to sit herself back on the couch. She was going to just stare at the ceiling with the random shows droning on and on as background noise once again, but a catchy song had grabbed her attention.

-Sono chi no sadame-

The upbeat and quickly paced rhythm enticed the girl as she trailed her eyes over to the television to see what type of show the song was gifted with, little did she know how grave of a mistake it would end up being.

She made a loud exclamation in shock as she leaned forward with wide eyes and mouth agape, the music continuing to play as scenes of Jotaro flashed on the screen along with many other familiar faces. She even recognized herself with her stand among some of the people being shown on the screen.

She hurriedly scrambled for the remote that had fallen off the couch with her unexpected movement, grabbing it and lifting it up to point it at the screen.

Her finger hovered over the power button— but she didn't press it as if something were preventing her from turning the television off.

She stared at the screen until the opening finished with the remote still pointed in its direction, but never daring to press down on the button.

Her mind was telling her to turn it off immediately, but her body did not comply. Feeling her outstretched arm become sore, she lowered it to rest beside her, the remote still in her hand as she stared mesmerized by the images being displayed on screen.

As the opening came to an end, Polnareff and Avdol had appeared on the screen which made a nauseous feeling pool at her stomach, one not of sickness but of relief and happiness.

There was also another feeling that wasn't as pleasant, and it was guilt. Watching just felt so wrong to her, and though she wouldn't be able to give a good reason as to why even knowing she had every right to watch, she still felt shame.

Afraid anyone would walk in on her as if this wasn't a family-friendly piece of film, she stood up and closed the shades and locked the front door before turning off lights.