𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝚂𝙾 𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

Hitoshi sat on his knees, head lolled to look at the ground as he frowned and stared at the floor in guilt. The wood pressed uncomfortably against his legs, but he didn't dare complain as he folded his hands into his lap and continued to listen to the back-and-forth bickering.

Aizawa and (Y/N) had been arguing for the past half an hour, and after one scolding from Aizawa where the man demanded for him to sit down and be quiet, he complied immediately. That man was terrifying when he wanted to be, and he admired (Y/N) for being able to stand up against him for so long. To be fair they were both pretty terrifying to him.

He winced at the harsh tone of Aizawa as the argument went back into a full circle, returning to the main topic at hand.

"Again, why am I just finding out you two got married?" Aizawa asked, stressing the last word with heavy emphasis as his eyebrows downturned in annoyance.

Waving her hands around lazily, (Y/N) gestured exasperatingly while she shrugged and shook her head.

"It's not a big deal. We wanted to get married, so we did."

He sent her a harsh glare, and as she relished in the silence of the fierceness he emitted, she sighed and gave in. She turned around and moved to join Hitoshi on the floor, her head lolling downwards to face the floor in front of her as well.

Looks like she finally admitted defeat. Hitoshi was getting lonely down there anyways.

Aizawa looked at the matching rings on their fingers and shook his head back and forth in disappointment.

"Oh, but it is a big deal. Shinso, why didn't you think of letting me know?"

Hitoshi awkwardly looked over towards (Y/N) as his hand creeped upwards. It landed on the back of his neck before he gently rubbed it and spoke hesitantly.

"Call me Hitoshi... since, you know."

Yeah, he knew alright. There were two Shinso's in front of him now. First, she went from Zeppeli, then Aizawa, and now Shinso. He was going to go mad. And yes, he officially adopted her during her second year of high school.

Hitoshi swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down from the action as he willed himself to stop looking at (Y/N). He let his hand fall back into his lap and he turned his attention to instead look at Aizawa directly as he talked with him.

"Listen, I get why you're upset, but we just wanted it to be official as quickly as possible. We have hero duties, there's no way we could take a day off to do some big ceremony."

Aizawa sighed, understanding that much, but he couldn't help but shake his head back and forth slowly, still upset about it.

"I don't give a damn about a ceremony; I just wish you could have invited me to the office when you were getting it signed or something." Aizawa mumbled as he lowered the rolled-up piece of paper he was using to threaten them earlier down to his side.

Hitoshi nodded his head, a determined expression coming to his face as he sat up straighter and lifted his chin upwards in confidence.

"You're right, we should have. I apologize, but I really do love your daughter, sir. I think the decision we made was the right one."

It was quiet for a moment, (Y/N) awkwardly coughing into her fist as she looked away so that he couldn't see her sour expression from what he had confessed to her father figure.

Aizawa glared a moment longer at Hitoshi before his expression inevitably softened. His attention turned from the boy with purple hair to (Y/N), who was still awkwardly looking away as if she weren't a part of the conversation.