"You guys are idiots" Stephenie muttered

"How you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna, I don't know" max said, collecting several pieces of paper and walked over to the four of them. She stopped and noticed the three boys were still trying to look occupied and Stephenie raised an eyebrow as the two girls shared a look.

"You can look at me now"

"Thank you. Sorry"

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

Max sighed before walking toward Stephenie with a pile of cards. She picked the first one out of the pile and handed it to Stephenie.

"For you." Max told her and she took the card, sitting up slightly. Max moved onto Dustin handing him a card, gave Steve a card and Lucas his.

"Oh, and, um give these to Mike, El, and will. If you can ever get a hold of them again." Max said

The three boys, went to open their cards but Max stopped them.

"What are you doing? No, don't That's not for now. Don't open it now"

"Don't... Okay." Dustin muttered and the room went silent before Dustin spoke up again "I'm sorry. What is this?" He asked

"It's, um.. it's a fail-safe. For after. If things don't work out." Max explained

"Max" Stephenie spoke softly

"Wait, whoa things are gonna work out"

"No!" Max exclaimed towards Lucas "no, I don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out, because People have been telling me that
my entire life and it's almost never true. It's never true." Max said "I mean, of course this asshole curses me. Should've seen that one coming."

The room went quiet, before Max looked over to the table where Dustin's Supercom was. She walked over to it and picked it up, looking at it for a moment.

"If we go to East Hawkins, will this reach Pennhurst?" Max asked, turning to look at them

"Of course. Yeah." Dustin told her

"Wait, why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Steve asked before all the teens looked at him "No. No. No!"

Stephenie and Max were first out the door of the wheelers and towards Steve's car. Stephenie wasn't sure why Max needed to go to east Hawkins but she wanted to be right near Max if Vecna decided he would attack. Steve followed them closely, with Dustin and Lucas trailing. Stephenie held her school bag with a couple of things in it.

"Max, Steph. Seriously. Stephenie Cathrine Harrington, Seriously I'm not joking. I'm not driving you guys anywhere." Steve told the two

"Ew not my full name asshole!" Stephenie exclaimed at her brother

"Steve If you think I'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my life or Stephenies life in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, you're out of your mind Either take me where I need to go or tie me down, which is technically kidnapping of a minor. And if I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to God, I will prosecute." Max told Steve before she went to open the door Stephenie turned to Steve

"Open the door"

"Uh, no."

"I know a good lawyer" Max retorted and Steve let out a breath, before taking out his keys and unliking the car.

"Henderson, that super walkie of yours better reach Penshurst" he told Dustin.

They all got into the car and Stephenie noticed Max longer outside of the car for a bit longer. Stephenie Max got into the car for a bit longer before getting in as well. Stephenie buckled her seatbelt before Steve started the car and Dustin turned to her.

"Your middle name is Catherine?"

_______

IMPORTANT AN: heyyy so with the recent news of Noah confirming Will is Gay I'm not sure how to go forwards with the book.

I was thinking to just make Stephenie and Will platonic? Maybe they both just come to the realization to the realization that they are so young and all this trauma they've been through is just to much to handle with love in the mix as well.