Chapter 69

Word Count: 1324
Edited:

"You can't have her, you son of a bitch!" I screamed, shaking her harder. I looked up towards my friends.

"Find some goddamn music!" I shrieked. They instantly dispersed and I turned back to Nancy.

"Come on, please. Please come back." I whimpered.

"Think...think." I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to think of what her favorite song could possibly be.

"Marley, are you kidding! He's gorgeous." Nancy gushed, hanging up her Tom cruise poster.

"Nancy, he dances in boxers and long socks. It's weird." I shuddered. She shook her head with a laugh.

"It's a good song, though." She shrugs.

My eyes shot open and I laughed hysterically.

"Just take those old records off the shelf." I began slowly.

"I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself. Today's music ain't got the same soul. I like that old time rock and roll." I practically screamed the lyrics as I heard the kids above me start screaming.

Nancy's eyes shot open and she stumbled backwards. Before she could fully fall, I caught her and gently set her on the ground.

"Nancy, thank god. It's okay..you're here." I soothed, holding her face in my hands.

"She's okay!" I shouted above us. She gripped my arms tightly, causing me to look down at her once again.

"I saw...everything.." she gasped.

***

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. Those most awful things. I saw... A dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... Giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming in to Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes." Nancy said shakily.

"And then... he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... They were all..." I frowned, placing a hand on her shoulder which she grabbed tightly.

"Okay, but... He's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right? I mean... I mean, it's not real." Steve questioned, mostly to himself.

"Not yet. But there... There was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... They didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the upside down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins." I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned to Steve.

"Four times. Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly." I said, making everyone look at me.

"I heard them too." Nancy said slowly.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max added in.

"Four kills. Four gates. End of the world." Lucas number from the other side of the room.

"If that's true... He's only one kill away."

"Oh, Jesus Christ." Eddie murmured.

"Try him again." Steve said to Max, gesturing to the phone. She nodded and began dialing the phone number. Steve stood up and walked over to me, grabbing my hand.

"Anything?" I asked hesitantly.

"No. Rang few times, then went to a busy signal."

"Maybe punched it wrong. Try again." Steve ordered.