Chapter 26

Edited:
Word Count: 1050

Hopper was in trouble. I saw it. But, there was nothing I could do but let the only person see what I've seen, to show him.

So that's where I am. At the Byer's place. Before I did, I was running throughout town, hiding hints for everyone to prepare next couple days.

I didn't bother knocking as I walked through the doors. Immediately, I saw the drawings that covered nearly every inch of the wall.

I almost did a happy dance when I realized that what I had shown Will still caused him to draw the map.

"Marley? What are you doing here?" I heard from the kitchen. I turned and saw Joyce, Will and Mike all standing in the kitchen.

"My dad is in trouble. I need Will to draw it." I walked through the kitchen quickly and began to roll up my sleeves. Will stood up and began to do the same.

"He stayed up all night drawing these, Marley. I don't think-" She was cut off when Will slammed his arms on mine, forcing the visions.

This time it was painful, like it shouldn't be done, but if no one saw that Hopper was in trouble then the story might just stop.

We both pulled away, Will stumbled before falling into the chair behind him. Mike saw that I was about to fall too and grabbed me.

The poor boy could barely hold me up but it was enough for me to gain strength.

"Hopper is in danger." Will gasped. Joyce looked between us with wide eyes before handing Will a crayon to get busy.

As he did, I starting biting my nails in anticipation. I needed to let them know that at some point I won't be myself, I'll lose my ability to help them and it could potentially change time if the thing saw into my head.

"Mike, can I talk to you alone?" I questioned. He nodded and followed me into the bathroom.

"What's up, Mar?" I ignored him and began to search for something sharp.

"Ah-ha!" I said, finding a needle.

"Marley?" I turned to Mike and held it up.

"Micheal, I'm going to tell you something and you're going to need to make a blood oath to promise not to say anything." Mike looked at me in confusion, trying to figure out if I was telling the truth.

"You don't need a blood oath, I'll-"

"No you won't. You already told the boys in your party about everything going on even though you promised Will you wouldn't. I'm very serious about blood oaths. I've made two of them in my entire life and I couldn't tell their secret even if I wanted to. It's a powerful thing." I said seriously.

Mike gulped and looked at the needle.

"This is about the future, isn't it?" I nodded slowly. Mike thought for a second before holding out his hand.

"Micheal, you need to promise me, with your blood that what I tell you stays between us until it's time." I said.

"I promise, on my blood that I'll keep your secret until it's the right time." Mike said nervously. I pricked his finger before doing mine.

The blood started to trickle from the small wound before we held our fingers up and touched them together.

"There will be a certain time, I don't know when, that I'll lose myself to this thing. It'll take over my body and try and trick you all into thinking I'm still me. The difference between me and Will, is that I know how to stop him. If he takes that information you all need to be prepared for a backup plan." I said, our fingers still touching.

Mike slightly gasped and stared between my eyes.

"How Will we know that you're not you?" He asked.

"I'll start forgetting things, I'll turn aggressive." I replied. Mike nodded, knowing his mission before we pulled our fingers apart.

We walked out of the bathroom and met the Byer's back in the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" Joyce asked.

"Yeah, fine." Mike answered with a smile. The sound of an engine came from outside and I already knew who it was.

Joyce went for the door but I grabbed her hand.

"Let him help." She twisted her eyebrows in confusion before I let her got and she walked back outside.

When Joyce walked in, she came in with Bob. When he saw me I smiled and walked forward, bringing him in a hug.

"Hey, Bob." Bob headed to me.

"Hi, Marley." I teased back. When bob pulled away, he looked at the house in amazement.

"You drew all of this yourself?" Bob asked Will as we all stood behind him.

"Why? Exactly?" He asked again.

"I told you the rules. No questions, OK?"

"Yeah...."

"We just need you to help us figure out what-Bob?. Over here." Joyce said, walking away before noticing that he didn't follow.

"Where this is." She finished, leading us all the kitchen where Hopper was.

"That's the objective. Find the x." Mike said.

"Yeah? What are the X? Pirate treasure?" Bob joked.

"Bob, no questions." Joyce said again.

"Let me talk to you for a second. Hang on, guys." Bob pulled Joyce into the room and I sighed, walking in after them.

Bob held onto Joyce when I walked in, my footsteps made them turn around.

"I'm dying, bob. Finding where this is will help me. That's all you need to know." Bob frowned and went to take a step forward but I took one back.

"Dying.." I simply raised my hand and pointed to the drawing on the wall. Bob turned around to look at it.

"That's Lover lake." And then I knew we were on track. I left the room and went back into the kitchen.

"OK, so the lines aren't roads. But they act like roads." Bob began walking around the house and pointing out the water ways of the town.

"And they act like roads because when you follow them, you'll see... They don't go over water."

"That's the giveaway. That's a giveaway. Ha!"

"Don't you get it? It's not a puzzle, it's a map. It's a map of Hawkins. Right, Will?"

"Bingo." I said, making everyone turn to me.