Chapter 29

Edited:
Word Count: 1318

I gasped awake and turned to see Will and Mike sitting beside me.

"Marley? What's wrong? Are you hurting?" Mike asked. I could tell them now. I wasn't sure how long I was asleep but I remember this from the show.

"No, I-" I groaned and closed my mouth.

Tell them you know how to stop me.

"No." I said through gritted teeth.

"Marley, what's wrong?"

"Tell them! And then get Billy on our side!" I cried out in pain and clutched my head.

"I can't...hold on..for..much longer." I growled.

"Is it him?" Will asked with wide eyes. I slowly nodded.

"He wants..to kill...and..he wants-" I let out a scream and threw my head back.

"Mom!" Will yelled.

"Who? Who does he want?!" Mike asked with worry. I let out a gasp and turned to him.

"Billy, keep away-" Will clutched my arm, seeing what the thing wanted us to see. The thing wanted revenge.

"I know how to stop them!" Will said with wide eyes, just as the doctor rushed to my side.

"No!" I shrieked.

The doctors held me down and stuck my arm with a tranquilizer.

"Shut up, Will! Shut the hell up!" I barked loudly, a low growl coming from my throat.

"He doesn't want us to see." Will said, thinking he got it. My eyes started to grow heavy and I saw Will rush from the room.

"Mike.." I whispered. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Trap..."

And then it all went black.

***

My eyes opened slowly and I saw bright lights flash my vision. I sighed and forced them to adjust.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

"What? What's going on?" Joyce's voice called. Finally, I could see clearly Will was crying in the seat next to me and I looked down the hall to see Bob holding Mike back as he screamed at the guards.

"I can't hold on anymore." I said, turning to Joyce. She looked between my eyes and I let out a final breath, losing the control over my own body. I could simply see what going on.

Suddenly, the alarms started through the air with a loud roar and I felt my face harden, a smirk taken place.

"What's going on?" Joyce asked as Bob and Mike came back in. The virus made my face go back innocent.

"We're under attack." Mike said quickly. He rushed over to the counter and held up a syringe.

He's a genius. He'll beat you. I thought.

"We need to make Marley sleep." Mike added.

"Why?" Joyce asked again.

"She's a spy. If she knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."

"He's lying." The virus roared.

"She killed the soldiers. She'll kill us too."

"No! I didn't. Will did." The virus yelled. Will looked at me with hurt and I wanted nothing more then to punch myself in the face.