Chapter 62

Edited:
Word Count: 1322

My eyes opened slowly as the light beamed through the shades of the window. I let my eyes adjust to the room around me before I noticed that we had all stayed at Steve and I's house last night.

Despite there being three rooms, everyone seemed to be all crammed together in Steve and I's room.

I smiled at everyone. Dustin was laying on my left side, clutching my arm tightly as he lightly snored. To my right, was Steve, his hand on my waist as his head was placed on my shoulder. Nancy laid at our feet.

Slowly, I removed my arms from the boys grip. Gently sitting up and seeing the other three. Lucas and Max were laying on the floor with pillows and blankets from the guest room and Robin was on the other side of the bed, covering herself with some jackets.

I covered my mouth, trying not to snicker when I realized that Steve didn't even tell her about the extra blankets in the closet.

This was the real mission, getting up and walking through the maze of people surrounded the room.

Moving as slow as I could, I gently moved over Steve, placing my foot on the floor, avoiding Robin's head. Then, I walked over towards the door before walking out and quietly closing it behind me.

When I realized I was successful, I let out a sigh and headed into the kitchen to make breakfast. Usually, not all of us stay the night at the same time. I'm used to just preparing food for Steve and Dustin mostly, but I managed.

I saw some of Will's old crayons and paper sitting in the corner of the counter by the fridge and walked over to grab them, deciding to doodle while I waited on the food.

After about an hour passed and I finished most of the drawings. Loud footsteps were heard from the hallway before Nancy, Steve, and Dustin all burst through.

When they saw me, they all sighed in relief.

"Hey, guys." I smiled. Steve came over and kissed my head before he grabbed himself a plate. Nancy looked at all the drawings I had made while I was in here.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I just figured that you guys get some sleep. I found some of wills old crayons and paper so I decided to show you what I saw instead of telling you."

She grab a drawing that I had made of Chrissy and Fred when they were lodged in the trees.

"It's like they were on display or something. And there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream. Or a Nightmare." Steve sighed and leaned over, putting his chin on my shoulder.

"Do you think Vecna's just trying to scare you?" Steve questioned.

"With my dad? Yeah. But when I got here... I don't know, something was different. He seemed surprised, almost. Like he didn't want me there." I admitted.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind. He invaded your mind, right? Is that is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddy Krueger in his boiler room?" Dustin pipped in, shoving food in his mouth.

"Dude, come on." Steve said in disgust.

"Think about it. What if you somehow unlocked the back door to his world? Like, what if the answer we're looking for is in this incredibly vague drawing." Dustin squinted, holding up the paper.

"God? We need Will." He said, shaking his head.

"Well, I tried them again this morning, and it's still a busy signal." I sighed, worried that something might've happened to them.