Chapter 31

Edited:
Word Count: 1307

(Steve's POV)

So apparently, this girl with the super powers is back and Hopper has been hiding her. Hopper just took Mike into another room so he could have a tantrum.

"We missed you." Dustin said as he and Lucas hugged Eleven.

"I missed you too." She sighed. When they pulled away, El touched his teeth.

"You have teeth." She said.

"Oh, yeah. You like these pearls?" And then Dustin growled at her. I mean, I told the kid he didn't have game, but he really just proved it there.

Then, Max walked up, holding out her hand.

"I'm max. I've heard a lot about you." Much to my surprise, El literally gave her the cold shoulder and went up to hug Joyce.

I widened my eyes and looked at Jonathan and Nancy but they only shrugged. I was about to make a remark about children being jealous but someone walked up to me.

When I turned my head, I realized it was el. I stood up from my leaning position on the edge of the couch, a bit intimidated by the 13-year-old.

"You're Steve?" She asked. I looked at everyone behind me but they didn't have a response.

"My sisters boyfriend?" I widened my eyes and coughed awkwardly.

"Sister?"

"Marley." She said simply.

"Oh..uh..I mean.."

"Yeah, basically." Nancy said beside me. I gulped and looked back at the girl.

"Marley never told me about you she-"

"Took a blood oath." I heard. Mike walked in behind us with hopper.

"Marley told me that before my blood oath with her, she'd only taken two before. One with Steve, one with Hopper about El, and then one with me."

"What did she promise you?" I asked, walking last the girl and to Mike.

"I didn't believe her when she said you can't break it. I've tried to say something for hours now but every time I tried, I nearly puked. But, I guess now is the right time." Mike said, now looking at everyone.

"She knew her mind would be taken over. She told me the signs to look for when it would happen. The second she remembered Billy but not Steve, I knew it was happening." I scoffed and placed my hands on my hips.

"Billy came to see her?" I asked, slightly annoyed. Mike rolled his eyes and he walked into the middle of the room.

"She only remembered him because of the shadow monster. She said it wanted Billy. I don't know why or when but she said to keep Billy away. She also told me something else.."

"What?" Hopper asked.

"She said we need a backup plan. Because if the shadow monster is in her head.."

"Then, he already knows what our plan was before we did.." Joyce added.

"And he can stop us before we even get close." Nancy added in.

"That's why she's so tired, she's either holding back our plan or she's giving him false memories." Jonathan pointed out.

"Marley said that no matter what, to come up with a plan B. She said something about multiple things outside of the shadow monster getting in our way." Mike said again.

"What could possibly be worse or equal then the shadow monster?" Lucas said. Max stepped forward and looked at us with wide eyes.

"Billy." She gasped.