Chapter 43

Edited:
Word Count: 1037

My leg bounced up and down as I sat on the chair in the supply closet with the kids. My fingers held the medallion to my mouth as my shaky breathes touched it.

"Hey.." a small voice said. I looked up to see Will standing over me.

"I'm sure it's not him." He offered with a smile. I racked my brain, trying to think myself if it was him or not. Nothing was coming to me.

"Yeah...sure." I replied, sending him a quick smile.

"Okay. Show time." Mike said coming into the closet. I squeezed my eyes shut and kissed the medallion before standing up.

"Billy." Mike cooed. Then, we waited for a second.

"Billy." He singsonged. Billy called back a "what" in the same tone. Mike teased Billy a few more times before we heard his loud footsteps rush through the room.

We peeked through the closet just in time to see him walking towards the sauna. We slowly walked out before Mike told him to turn around.

The second he did, Mike and Lucas slammed the door shut and put a pipe and the chains in front, sealing him in.

He slammed against the door a couple times before looking at us. Will gripped my arm tightly as he made eye contact with me.

"Marley.." My lip quivered as I looked back at him.

"Do it." I mumbled. Lucas stepped forward and turned up the heat.

"Marley! Let me out of here!" Billy screamed, slamming on the door. I jumped and held Will closer.

"Let me out!" He yelled again.

"You kids. You think this?...is funny? You kids think this is some kind of prank, huh?" He spit in the window with a smile.

"This some kinda payback, Mar?" He asked, turning to me.

"What is this? Open the door."

"Open the door!" He screamed, hitting it again. Then, he took a step back and sat on the ground. Will let go of me and checked the thermostat.

"We're at 220." He said quickly. Billy was silent for a couple seconds until I heard him start to cry.

"It's not my fault, Marley. I promise it's not my fault." He cried. I gasped and rushed towards the window.

"Billy." I cried.

"What isn't your fault?" I asked, watching the tough boy who wouldn't dare show his emotions rock on the ground back and forth, tears streaming from his eyes.

"What's not your fault, Billy?" I whispered.

"I've done things, Mar. Really..bad things. I didn't mean to. He made me do it." He cried. Tears of my own came from my face and placed my hand on the glass.

"Who made it do it?"

"I don't know it's like a shadow. A really big shadow." He sobbed.

"Please, baby. It's not my fault!" He screamed.

"Please believe me, baby, it's not my fault."

"I'm going to fix this, Billy. I promise I'll fix this." I cried.

"Get away from the door." I heard behind me.

"Get away from the door!" Mike screamed. Just as he did, Billy shot through and window and shattered it. I gasped and stepped back.

"El, when I tell you, shut the door. Will, when I say it, blare the music!" I said to them quickly. They opened their mouth but I stopped them.

"Just do it!" I spit. I looked at Billy and saw him starting to take off the things that held the door.

"Let me out! I'll fucking gut you!" Billy roared. As he burst through the door, I jumped forward and pushed him back inside.

"Now!" I screamed. The door slammed shut behind me and I threw Billy to the ground. The music began blaring as well as I straddled him.

"You bitch! What happed to kill for each other, die for each other?" Billy spit. I let out a sob and held him tighter.

"I'm going to honor it. That's why you're going to let him go!" I screamed in his face.

"You want me. You need me." I yelled again.

"I have the power, I have the future. You need me!" Billy stopped moving and stared into my eyes.

"If you leave him alone and take me, I won't fight this time. I promise." I begged, my voice breaking slightly.

"Please..take me." I cried softly. Billy's face smirked and I knew it agreed. I let out a sob and leaned down, placing my lips on his gently.

"I'm sorry, baby. Forgive me." I whispered. My breath was sucked from my chest and I gasped. The back smoke filling my mouth.

I gagged and fell to my side, crying out in pain.

"Marley!" They screamed from the outside. The door shot open, hitting the back wall and sending the bricks onto the lawn outside.

I leaned over and covered Billy's face as the small bits around us fell. After a few seconds it went silent and I leaned back on the floor.

The familiar feeling coursed through my veins and my stomach burned. Slowly, it eased and I turned my head to Billy.

Sweat beads dripped down his face as he eyes remained closed.

The kids came rushing in and fell to our sides.

"What happened!" Mike asked. El pulled me up into her arms and held me to her chest.

"It left, I think. When you broke the wall it went out into the woods." I lied with a groan.

"Shit! Now we don't know who to look out for." Lucas cursed. I looked at Max who was staring at me with wide eyes.

I gave her a blank look and then turned to Billy.

"We should get him home. Leave some empty bottles of beer in his room, he'll think he just had a crazy dream." I said before standing up.

"Okay.."

"Where are you doing?" El asked me. I stopped walking and felt my blood run cold.

"Steve's." I lied, continuing to stagger towards my car. I knew this feeling, I had it before.

It felt different then before. I feel numb now. But, then again, I fought him with everything I had in me. Now, I let the mind flayer take me wherever it wanted.