Chapter 22

Edited:
Word Count: 1016

"Now, this! This is my favorite song! Play this whenever I'm sad and I'll never hate you." I laughed, turning up the music. Max laughed from the passengers seat and bobbed her head to the music.

Max had asked for a ride because Billy had left her at the school once again. Gladly, I accepted.

So, I decided to cheer max up by playing some of my favorite songs that I played when I was upset. Instinctively, I touched the necklace around my neck.

It was an old one. I had worn it so often that most days I forgot I even had it on. But, I still wore it because it's what my mom was wearing when she died, surprisingly, it wasn't damaged in the fire.

It was an old one, s white crystal that was held by a piece of metal.

"What are you doing?" Max chuckled. I held up my necklace to show her and watched as she leaned forward, squinting.

"I don't see anything, Marley. Maybe it's just dark." She shrugged. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and nodded.

We finally pulled into her driveway and I turned off the car.

"Do you want to see my new board?" She asked excitedly. I nodded with a smile and followed her inside.

"It's so cool, it's blue and-" Just as Max opened up the door, we heard screaming from the inside.

"Stay here." I ordered to her quickly. She nodded and I ran upstairs before going into the room with all the noise.

I froze when I saw it.

Neil was sitting on top of Billy, wailing and screaming at him. I quickly thought of a plan before opening my purse and grabbing the thing and dropping my bag on the floor.

Neil didn't seem to notice me so I went up behind him and pressed the taser to the side of his neck before pressing the button.

Instantly, he went down on the ground and started convulsing. He stopped when the electricity left his body.

He turned to me and sent a glare, trying to get up. I straddled him just like he had done to Billy and pressed the taser.

Neil froze and stared up at me.

"You like hitting your kids, Neil? Does that make you feel good, you piece of shit?" I pressed the taser into his leg, causing him to cry out.

"You think it makes you a man?" I asked again, holding it to his arm.

"Let me tell you something, Neil. You think you're the baddest bitch around but you clearly haven't met me." I laughed, holding it to his leg.

"Now." I sighed, flipping my hair out of my face.

"Hit your son again." I said. Neil just looked at me. I let out a huff and grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him to look at Billy.

Billy just watched the whole thing through his bloody eye.

"Hit him, Neil!" I yelled in his ear. Neil flinched slightly and didn't move.

I put the taser into his arm again, he let out another cry and tried to rip from my grip.

"No!" Neil yelled back.

"Beg me to stop, Neil." I smiled. He turned to me and spit in my face. I simply chuckled and wiped it away.

I held the taser to his leg for a little longer.

"Beg. Me. To. Stop!" I screamed, tasing him.

"Please..." Neil cried.

"Please stop." He added. I smirked and got off of him.

"As long as I'm around, you won't touch Billy. If I hear that you did. I'm holding this taser against your heart and not stopping until you've died from a heart attack in your own pissed pants. Do you understand me?" I asked softly.

Neil nodded and slowly got up, leaving the room. When he closed the door, I let my demeanor drop and fell next to Billy.

"Oh, my god. Are you okay?" I asked, examining his face.

"You shouldn't have done that." Billy croaked. I sighed and hoisted him into a sitting position against his bed.

"Neil doesn't scare me." I shrugged. Then, I went into the bathroom and grabbed as many medical supplies as I deemed fit.

When I went back in, Billy had laid on the bed and took his shirt off, revealing more bruises and cuts.

I stayed silent as I sat next to him on the bed before starting to clean his wounds. Every once in a while, he would hiss in pain, I would apologize and we'd move on.

"Why do you like him?" Billy asked softly. I furrowed my eyebrows in question and looked at him.

"Harrington." I frowned and looked down at his wounds again.

"I don't know-"

"Cut the shit, Marley. You're sitting here cleaning me up after my dad beat my ass, I'm not going to judge you." I sighed deeply and looked in his eyes.

The blue ones that I've avoided looking into for so long.

"He makes me feel safe." I muttered.

"And why do you like me?" I froze. Billy chuckled and deeply inhaled.

"I knew it. No matter how much you try and fight it, Hargrove charm always wins." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"So?" I stopped cleaning his wounds, causing him to sit up so he was always inches from my face.

"Why do you like me?" He repeated.

"Because you make me feel dangerous." I whispered. Billy looked at my lips, seeming to count every like on them, every possible dry crack, every hint of different shade of pink.

"Do you want to know why I like you, Hopper?" He asked. I didn't answer, partly because I figured it was going to be a disgusting answer about my body.

"Because you make me feel safer."

Awe okay, a cute little Billy moment after Marley completely destroyed his dads ego. Girl power I guess, but damn. She scared the hell out of me and I was the one writing it.

Who would win in a fight, Danny Devito or Sinjin from Victorious?