Chapter 15

Edited:
Word Count: 960

"Oh, fuck! Fuck!" I yelled, rushing around the cabin to grab my things for school.

"Language!" Hopper yelled from the living room. I rolled my eyes and turned to the clock.

"Shit!" I cursed again.

"Thank you." He called again. I grabbed my book bag and rushed to the door.

"Wait a minute!" Hopper called again. I retracted my hand from the door and turned around, seeing Hopper walk towards me.

"School starts at 8:00, I'm going to call at 8:05 to make sure you made it. You have cheer practice today from 3-5, And then work from 5:30 to 9:30. I'll call at 5:35 to make sure you got there and then you come home straight after. Do you here me?" He asked.

I sighed in annoyance and tapped my foot impatiently.

"Yes, yes, I hear you, can I go now?" I groaned. Hopper sighed and placed his hands on his hips.

"Yes, supper will be ready when you get home." I nodded and rushed outside before getting in my car and slamming the door shut, taking off.

After everything that happened last year, the upside down, the move, school, and work, I've been stressed out of my mind.

Hopper got me a job at the video store, even though he tried to convince me not to get a job until I graduate. I kept up with my studies and cheer which surprised even me.

The main adjustment I had to make was wearing my cheer uniform to school everyday. I don't understand why, but I guess in the 80's it was okay.

I pulled into the parking spot beside Steve and Nancy who were sitting patiently in the car. When I stepped out, Steve threw his hands in the air with a smile.

"She made it!" I rolled my eyes with a laugh and put my hair in our cheer bow.

"I couldn't find my skirt." I admitted.

"How could you? There's barely an fabric to look for." Steve said, looking down at my legs. Nancy hit him in the chest causing him to let out a yelp before I leaned into the drivers side window.

"He's making you look over his essay?" I questioned. She gave me a look but nodded.

"Yeah, he stopped letting me correct his essays after I kept telling him how shit they were." I teased. Steve flipped me off before he and Nancy stepped out.

Just as I went to walk towards the school with them, I felt someone grab me by the waist and pull me into their chest.

I nearly missed the car that zoomed past me and into the parking spot in front of us.

"Jesus Christ." Steve said behind me.

"Marley, who is that?" Nancy questioned. I didn't reply, I smirked and watched as he and max stepped out of the car, examining the school.

"That, my friends, is Billy Hargrove." I smiled. Billy's gaze turned around and landed directly on Steve, Nancy and I.

When he made eye contact with me, he smirked and sent me a wink. Steve's hand on my waist tightened. I pulled away and walked over to Nancy.

"Where is he from?" She asked, watching him walk in front of us.

"California." I replied simply.

"Oh, Marley!" I heard someone call, I turned my head to see three girls leaning against a car, one of them being Carol.

"You ready for practice tomorrow? I heard coach is making us do a pre-practice in the gym." She groaned.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I said simply.

"I still can't believe you're a cheerleader." Steve said as he walked to the other side of Nancy.

"It'll benefit me in the future, trust me." I sighed.

"We always do." Nancy said, giving me a sly smile. I crinkled my nose and nudged her with my shoulder before we entered the school.

"I have to get to myth in three minutes or my dad is sending a search party." I chuckled. Nancy and Steve waved me goodbye as I entered the classroom.

"Hi, Mr. Rogers." I greeted with a smile.

"Marley, good to see you. How is your dad?" He questioned as I walked to my seat in the back.

"We'll, he'll be calling any minute now so you can ask him then." I joked. When I sat down, I instantly pulled my things from my bag and started to get ready.

Someone sat beside me just as the bell rang.

"Okay, class, today-" He was interrupted by the phone causing me to cover my face in embarrassment.

"Mr. Rogers speaking...oh, hey, Chief how are-...yeah, she's here...yes, I'm sure...okay, bye." He said quickly. Mr. Rogers looked at me as he placed the phone down and nodded, continuing with the lecture.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" I heard beside me. Without turning my head, I grabbed one of my spare pencils and handed it to my side, continuing to take notes.

When the person didn't grab the pencil, I finally looked up and saw Billy Hargrove smiling at me. Only when I looked at him is when he took the pencil.

When he did, I looked back at my notebook, ignoring the starstruck feeling in my stomach.

"So, you're a cheerleader, huh?" He asked, leaning forward to whisper.

"Wow, you should work with the president. He'd need a genius like you." I mocked.

"You're flexible, then?" My head jerked up in his direction, making his smirk only grow. I put in a fake smile and leaned close.

"Not at all. Quite shit at it, really." Billy chuckled and I turned away, pushing down the blush on my face as I continued to take notes.