Chapter 47

Edited:
Word count: 835

I staggered as I walked through the tall building. Voices were heard and I walked closer. My vision blurred and a light ringing played in my ears.

I saw a group of people standing around a table as they spoke quickly. My vision cleared enough that I could see who it was. I looked down at my bare feet as I raked them across the floor.

"Oh, my god." I heard. When I looked up, I saw everyone staring at me.

"Marley!" Steve rushed for me but Jonathan held him back.

"Let me go! I have to help!" Steve yelled, fighting him.

"That's not Marley." Nancy yelled.

"It is.." I croaked.

"For now." I sighed, when I got to them, they all looked at me with caution.

"He said he's giving me 20 minutes." I said with a sigh. Hopper rushed forward and let me fall into his arms.

I cried and held onto him tightly.

"Great. You can tell us how to stop him. What did we plan last time?" Mike asked urgently. Hopper walked me over to the fountain and held me in his chest.

"I can't.." I whispered.

"What do you mean, you can't! Is he stopping you?" Joyce asked as she knelt down beside me. Slowly, I shook my head.

I looked at Steve and saw the worry in his eyes. Then, they widened and he searched his pockets.

"When the time is right, you'll be there to fight. When my time is out, knowledge I'll be without." Steve read.

"You literally don't know..." Hopper said, squeezing my arms.

"I've been in your world too long. I've..become part of the show." I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut. As I opened them again, I looked around at everyone.

A man I hadn't seen before stood beside Murray.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked. Murray beamed and walked over with him.

"Alexi. You sent me a letter, remember?" Murray said, he ripped open Alexi's shirt and revealed the bullet proof vest. I chuckled and leaned forward to touch the bullet lodged inside.

"Bitchin'" I said with a smile.

I pulled away from Hopper to look at him.

"You have to go. Leave before my time is up and stop this son of a bitch. I'm tired of getting my ass kicked by an overgrown spider." Hopper chuckled and grabbed my face in his hands.

Everyone walked away to plan and to give us privacy.

"I'm so proud of you, Marley." His voice broke as he watched me through tearful eyes.

"You're so strong and you're so brave." He cried. My lip quivered and I fell into his chest. His hand grabbed mine as he put his thump under the bracelet I always wore.

"You and your sister are the best things that happened to me." He sighed. I looked and saw El limping towards us. I smiled and held my arms out for her.

She sighed and fell into them. I placed her on the floor in front of my legs so she could lean on them.

"I've been blessed with two of the coolest kids a dad could have." Hopper laughed, wiping a tear. El and I both laughed in response.

"Hey, we should probably go." Mike said. I let the tears steam down my face before I grabbed El's shoulder and pulled Hopper in for a group hug.

"I love you, girls." Hopper said.

"We love you too, dad." I sighed. Mike and Max took El while I stood up and jogged to catch up with Steve.

"Steve." I called. He turned around and sighed in relief before rushing to meet me in the middle and held me tightly.

"This isn't over. We'll get you back, Mar." He said shakily. I pulled away and placed my hands on either side of his face.

"No matter what happens, I love you, Steve." I said, looking in his eyes. He squeezed his eyes shut and slammed his lips on mine.

He pulled away and placed his forehead on mine.

"I love you, Marley." He sighed. I looked over and saw Robin walking past us.

"Robin." I called. She turned around and looked at me sheepishly. I didn't waste a second to pull her in for a hug.

She was taken back by the hug, but eventually wrapped her arms around my waist.

"If something happens to me, I need you to take care of Steve. Don't let him risk his life for me." I begged.

"I won't." She whispered. I pulled away from her and smiled. A chill ran down my spine and I gasped.

"Marley?" Robin asked. I quickly started to take off my jacket, leaving me in a tank top.

"It's time. You need to leave now!" I said quickly. She nodded and grabbed Steve before pulling him away.

I turned and gave one last look to my dad before running out towards the parking lot, trying to get as far away as I can.