Chapter 36

Edited:
Word Count: 1035

"Hey! Three inch-minimum!" I heard from the next room. I rolled my eyes and finished putting on my makeup before I walked out.

"Dad, they're kids. Let them be." I groaned as he pounded on the door.

"Well, tell your sister to stop smacking lips with her boyfriend. She's too young!" He said, continuing to beat on the door. I pushed him out of the way and opened the door with ease.

"Mike, we got to go. I'm leaving now." Mike nodded, getting up from the switched position on El's bed. Before he could leave, I blocked his path.

Then, I turned to hopper who was practically fuming.

"Let me talk to them." I mouthed. Hopper groaned and walked away.

"El." I began. I grabbed Mike by the arm and sat him on the bed.

"You guys can kiss all you want and be super cute and everything, just not in front of dad. It's kinda gross." I whispered.

"She lives here too." Mike said. I shot him a look.

"You kiss Steve in front of dad." El shrugged.

"Correction, I don't kiss him on the mouth. And besides Dad thinks that Steve and have been dating for two years now. Every time I try and tell him differently, he forgets." El slightly smiled.

"Just, remember that he wasn't a dad for a while..and then he two teenage girls showed up on his doorstep. Just bare with him, okay?" She nodded and I returned it, leaning up to kiss her head before I ushered Mike to follow me.

Hopper was still sitting on the chair eating chips and salsa again.

"Go ahead and get in the car, Mike." He nodded and walked outside.

"Dad, I told you to start eating the salads in the fridge. They're healthier." I said, grabbing the chips and salsa from his lap before putting it back in the kitchen.

"There are vegetables in salsa." He said. I rolled my eyes and threw and apple in his lap.

"Chips don't." I said giving him a look. Hopper rolled his eyes and took a bite of the apple.

"Did you talk to them?" Hopper asked lowly. I chuckled and nodded.

"Love you dad."

"You coming home or staying at the Byer's house?" He called.

"Byer's." I said.

"You have your gun?"

"Yes, dad. It's in my car." I groaned.

"Okay, love you." I waved before walking and starting the car.

"You totally lied to El and your dad." Mike snickered as we drove down the road. I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

"You told el that you and Steve don't kiss when everyone knows you guys bone. And you told your dad you're going to the Byer's when I know that Nancy is going to be there tonight so he won't be available." I chuckled and shook my head.

"You're a little shithead, you know that?" Mike laughed and turned on the radio.

We pulled into the mall and rushed up to the front.

"Hey, Max!" I waved. She smiled and placed her arm around my waist as we walked with the group and the boys teased Mike for something or other.

We entered the scoops ahoy station and I saw Robin at the counter.

"Hey, dingus, your wife and kids are here." She called. Steve opened the window in annoyance.

"Again? Seriously?" Steve asked them. Then, he turned to me and smiled.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hi, honey." I greeted back. The kids around me gagged causing me to roll my eyes.

I pushed them away as they went behind the store into the movie theatre.

"If anyone hears about this-"

"We're dead!" They finished. I smiled and watched as Steve approached me, grabbing my waist before smothering me with kisses.

"You're so out of his league." Robin sighed.

"I tried to tell him but he just won't leave me alone." I joked. She smiled and opened the door so I could walk in.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" I asked her, kissing her cheek.

"Well, I've been stuck with your baby daddy for hours now. I think the volume of my hair is starting to go up." She sighed, dramatically touching her hair. I laughed and grabbed a scoop of ice cream before sitting in my usual spot behind the counter.

Steve walked over and leaned against the back wall.

"She's just mad because my hair is better than hers." Steve commented. I sucked in air through me teeth and gave him a look.

He threw up hands up in the air.

"Even Marley likes you more then me." He sighed.

"What's not to like, are you kidding?" I said, smiling at her. A group of voices were heard from the door as a group of girls entered.

I squinted as one of them smiled brightly at Steve.

"Hi, Steve." She said, twisting her hair. He didn't even seem to notice and sent her a half smile.

"What can I get you guys?" He asked.

"Well, I was just thinking..if you weren't busy this weekend maybe-" I stood up, making my presence known and leaned against the counter, giving her a fake smile.

Her eyes widened and she took a step back.

"M-Marley.." she mumbled.

"Oh, so you know me. Good." I said, crinkling my nose.

"I didn't see you there." She chuckled nervously.

"He-excuse me, we will be busy this weekend. Thanks for asking though I would've loved to hangout."

"We'll just.."

"Great idea." I beamed. Her and her friends scurried off before I turned around. Steve and Robin were both covering their mouths.

When the girls fully left, they both busted out laughing and bent down, putting their hands on their knees.

"Real cute, guys." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Awe, don't be like that." Steve cooed, coming over and kissing my temple.

"I'll never understand why you're with him." Robin said in disbelief.

"Technically, I only have her 3 days a week, the other times she's with her other boy toy Billy." I groaned and threw my head back.

"We've been over this-"

"Yeah, yeah. well, you aren't apartment searching with Billy, that's all that matters." He teased.