meeting a fan, date and intimate decissions

** saturday march 8th, 2036** 

-taylors pov- 

I arrive to the cancer ward and as I'm walking towards Kenzie's room there is gasp to my right "its Taylor swift" a teenage girl cries out and I stop in my track and turn to her. "hi" I say to the girl with a smile and walk over as she is crying. Clearly the girl is a fan. 

"i'm so sorry if you're busy, I know your daugther is sick. I'm just... I'm a huge fan.. My name is spencer. Your music has been helping me through the hardest times of my treatment. It helps me keep doing" spencer says and I'm starting to get emotional. 

"it's nice to meet you spencer, well not nice that it's here, but you know what I mean" I say and feel a little uncomfortable. I can't tell a cancer patient that it's nice to see them because they're obviously here because they are sick. "i'm happy my music could help you though. Music is a good tool to get through hard stuff" I tell her. 

For me music is the way I process anything hard going on in my life. Both hard and good stuff actually, but it just makes more sense to me if I put it together simply in a song. Sometimes I even write a song about something happening in my life and never release it because it's too personal. 

"it's hard to put into words how much you and your music means to me. And I know it probably sounds silly because I don't know you, but it's just something that makes me keep fighting. And your song soon you'll get better feels like you're singing directly to me. I know it's about your mom, but that's what it feels like. Sometimes I have that song on repeat" she says and I'm almost in tears. This young girl has gone through a lot aperently and it makes me extremely emotional that I could somehow help her without even knowing her. 

"How old are you?" I ask her and she tells me that she is 17 years old. "I have stage four neuroblastoma, which is really bad. I... it's a high chance that I won't make it. But I've always wanted to meet you, so this is just... it's my biggest dream Taylor" she tells me, and I wipe away a tear. 

"I would give you a big hug, but I can't because of my daugther sadly" I tell her, and I really want to give her the biggest hug I could ever give someone. Knowing how bad childhood cancer can get puts things like this into more perspective for me. 

I sit down on a chair on the hallway, and she wheel her wheelchair closer to me. "People don't know this, but my daughter is stage four too. So even though it's a different type of cancer, and I'm not in either one of your heads, I know that she is really scared, so I imagine you are too." 

She tells me that she has been fighting this cancer for two years and she is on her last treatment option. There is a good chance that this cancer will kill her, and she seems to be at peace with that in some weird way. Maybe that's something other people can't understand, but maybe when you are that sick you get another outlook on things like this. 

"Stage four is hard. Not only on us but on the parents too, so I'm sorry you need to deal with that" she says with a weak smile, and I appreciate that. I wish there was something I could do for her, but I don't know what that might be. I can't make her healthy again, even though I wish I could cure cancer. It's such a cruel illness that take so many children's life. 

"it's... it's probably a lot to ask, and you can say no. But would you maybe sing a song for me. I have never been to a concert, but I would love to hear you sing at least once" she asks, and I nod. "of course I can, there is a piano in the other room. I just need to tell my husband I'm here and I can meet you there" I tell her, and she agrees. 

Quickly I go into Kenzie's room and try to keep back the tears. "Mommy!" she beams but is weak "hi Mackenzie" I say and kiss her forhead and give joe a quick kiss too "I was just going to say that I'm here. But there is this girl... she is really sick... and is a big fan... she has never been to a concert and asked if I could sing a song for her because she... might not make it to a concert ever" I tell them, and they agree that of course I should do that.