hurt

** saturday January 19th 2036**

TRIGGER WARNING SELF HARM AND SUICIDE

-taylors Pov-

We are sitting inside and about to open a bottle of wine when my phone goes off and I see its Austin, so I furrow my eyebrows. But of course, I pick up because it's about one of the kids most likely. "Hi Austin" I say. "Taylor, I think you two needs to come home. We had to take aurora to the ER. She was hurting herself" he says, and my eyes widen, and I shoot up from the couch.

"We are going to pack in record time and head home right away. Is it bad? Like how bad is it?" I ask him and he is silent for a while "she slit her wrist and is refusing to talk about it, so I don't know what her intention was. I need to go she is freaking out and they need to hold her. I'm sorry" he says and hangs up.

Joe is already packing when he heard that I said that and is throwing our stuff in the bag. And I go to help him "what happened? Which kid?" he asks.

I try to take deep breaths "aurora slit her wrist. Won't talk about why she did it. He had to go because they had to hold her down. I don't know joe" I say and I'm so worried that I'm almost yelling but I don't mean to yell at him.

While joe finishes up, I go and tell my security and joe gets the bag in the car. One of them is going to drive our car because neither one of us is fit to drive right now. So after fifteen minutes of packing, we are in the car and on our way to the hospital.

"I think we should call Ellie just to make sure she is okay and so she knows something happened to aurora. Just in case someone tells her, or something gets out" joe says, and I agree so he facetimes her. It doesn't take her long to pick up, but joe furrows his eyebrows "Are you okay Ellie? Your face is red, and you look sweaty? Did you get sick?" he asks, and I try to not laugh.

Ellie looks mortified "you don't want to know dad" she mumbles but it takes joe a while to get what she meant and now he is blushing too.

"Anyway. We just needed to call and say we are on our way home now. Something happened to aurora, so we need to come home. We will call you when we get to the house if you want to come home early, but I assume you want to stay with your boyfriend" I tell Ellie to try to break the awkwardness. She obviously just had sex and I'm going red too but I'm keeping it together and I'm also almost in tears because of aurora. This is overwhelming for sure.

We hang up with Ellie and I burst out laughing. "Joe did you really not understand that right away. She was topless" I tell him, and he groans "why would I think that right away. She could be sick. Kids get sick. And for the record I would rather her be sick than look like that because of that other reason. And she could be wearing a strapless shirt, they exist" he says, and I chuckle.

But then the mood goes back down because we know that aurora is not doing okay. This was what I was afraid off, that she was going to eventually break and do something like this. I'm worried that she tried to kill herself or if this was self-harm intended. It could be either way and I hate that we weren't at home. Thank God my brother was there and is at the hospital with her, and I can hardly concentrate, I need to see her right now.

"What are we going to do with aurora?" joe asks "well she doesn't get an option to go to therapy anymore. She is going, even if I have to drag her there and hold her in my lap so she doesn't run away, she is going" I say. Clearly letting her come to us and realize she probably should talk to a professional herself isn't working. When a child does something like this they obviously are in need of help, and she is getting that help whether she wants to or not.

We get to the hospital and meet Austin in one of the backrooms where aurora is. Two nurses are holding her arms down and she is yelling clearly aggravated. But I step towards her and one of the nurses move when she starts to cry and wanting me to hold her close. I wrap her tightly in my arms "it's okay baby girl. Mommy and daddy are here" I say, and she sobs into my chest. Clearly, she needed us here and isn't fighting the nurses anymore.