interviews and womanly problems

** tuesday january 11th, 2033**

-taylors pov- 

I'm in new york to do interviews for the new single that dropped yesterday. Today I'm taping both jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers before I jump on a plane back to Nashville. I don't like being away for more time than I have to so I got in at the crack of dawn this morning before the kids got up and is leaving for home tomorrow morning too. 

It's not that I don't like my job, I love my job, but I love being home with my family even more. In March I have three weeks of promo all over the world so that will be long away from my family sadly, but Ellie is coming with me. Together joe and I decided that the other kids will stay home with him while I go do press. It's easier to take Ellie out of school than the other kids because they struggle more with the academic stuff. 

I'm in the dressing room for jimmy Fallon getting ready for the show. My makeup and hair people are doing their thing and we are talking about everything and nothing at the same time. 

"Please welcome Taylor swift!" jimmy calls for me and I walk out on the stage and wave to the audience before giving jimmy a hug and sitting down. 

"it's been a while Taylor, it's nice to see you again" he says with a smile "yeah, I've been taking a bit of a break but now I'm back doing my thing" 

I haven't done an interview in about two years since the last album dropped. The 12th album I've released, and I won several Grammy's for it which is always a nice honor. I dropped it in the fall of 2030 and then went on tour for three months that following summer. I always do it in the summer because the kids come with me if they want or go back and forth between me and wherever joe is. 

"Now you're on your thirteenth album isn't it. Because this single is a lead up to a new album, right?" he asks, and I nod. "Yes, there will be a new album dropping soon Ish. I'm not ready to announce the date yet but it's coming soon" 

We go on and talk a bit about the music video that dropped along with the release of the song. The song itself is pop but it has a mature vibe to it. I haven't done a real bubble gum pop album since lover. I do always change things up between albums, I need to do that to stay relevant, but it has a more adult vibe all together. But what's wonderful with my fanbase is that I still attract teenagers and kids so there are people at all ages coming to my concerts which I think is fun. 

"so new album, does that mean tour?" he says, and I giggle "yeah, eventually. You know me, can't go too long without preforming. It's a puzzle that needs to add up to have the time to do it, but I really love preforming" 

We talk about how the tours aren't as long as they used to be anymore. "it's because we don't want to disturb the kid's life too much, and we don't like to take them out of school, and I don't want to be away from them for like six months to a year like the tours used to be before the kids was in school" 

"Speaking of kids. I adore your three girls. They are just adorable and so polite. And I know that you don't really talk about it, but I want to ask how proud you were when your oldest won the YAGP last year?" he asks, and I grin from ear to ear. I do make it a point to not talk about the kids too much, but sometimes I do. "First for those that don't know YAGP stands for youth America grand prix, which is a worldwide ballet competition for aged 9-19. It's basically like the Grammy's or Oscars of dance. Anyway. Yeah, I was so proud of her, but I'm always proud no matter what an of the kids score at stuff like this" 

We make it a point to not focus on winning and scores for any of the girls, because we just want them to do their best. We don't want to pressure them that they have to win because competing can be about more than just getting a trophy or medal, it's about doing your best and showing what you can do. It's important to not do it just to get awards, you need to do it because you love what you're doing.