sex talk and the prosecution's office

-taylors Pov-

Last night was hard on us, aurora have been really emotional and having anger and sadness outbursts. She is clearly having a hard time grasping what has happened and that we know, but we are just trying to do what we can to help her calm down. I slept in her bed next to her last night and held her close because she was so upset. And this morning joe took her and kenzie to the trampoline park to get out of the house so I'm home alone.

Ellie is on her way home now and I can hear Alex's car pull up in the driveway. I'm nervous to hear if she did what I think she was going to do last night. I knew that there was nothing I could have really done to stop her if she really wanted to have sex, so at least I made sure she had protection if she was in a place where she felt like she wanted to do it. As much as I don't like the thought of it, teenagers are having sex and they always find somewhere to do it.

When she comes in the door she is smiling and have this faint glow, now I know. She sees me and she blushes clearly knowing that I know. So she hangs up her jacket and take her bag upstairs and I follow behind her.

She puts her bag down before she sits down on her bed and we are just looking at one another. "You did it didn't you?" I ask her and she bites her lip and nod. I'm not surprised; I knew from the second she walked through the door. Actually, I sort of knew that there was a possibility last night.

"Are you okay?" I ask her and sit down next to her and lean against the headboard "i'm perfect. It was special" she says, and giggle and I can see how happy she is, its radiating from her.

"Did it go okay?" I ask her and I don't know if I want to know, but I want to know that she is okay. I'm not particularly happy about hearing details about my teenager's sexual life but I want to know that she is okay and safe. "It did hurt a lot, more than I thought. I cried a bit" she says timidly, and I wrap my arms around her, and she leans her head on my chest. "It hurt really bad" she says, and I can see she is softly crying.

"Oh sweetie. I'm sorry it hurt. It did for me too" I tell her and kiss the top of her head "it still hurts a bit, I'm really sore" she says and sigh before she wipes away her tears. "But it was also good. It got good after a little bit" she says and smile through the tears.

"It felt good?" I ask her and she nods "really good. First pain and then good, and this morning however I was in a lot of pain and I still am. Is that normal?" she asks.

"i'm not a doctor but I assume that it's not abnormal. Some have more pain than others when you break the hymen so I assume that it can be uncomfortable afterwards. For me it was at least, and the first couple of times" I want her to have all the information even though it is uncomfortable to talk about. She is clearly listening though, so this is clearly something she wants to know about. "so it was Also normal that I bleed?" she asks, and I nod "yes, some girls bleed, and some have pain. But it's not like that for everyone. Everyone's body is different"

"But we need to make an appointment for you at a gynecologist because you had sex, then it's important to start going there. Some go before, and if I had known you were for sure going to do it, I would have taken you before. But I will make an appointment when the office opens in the morning" there are several points where you should start going to the gynecologist, some go after they first get their period, but our pediatrician has been handling that well, but now I think it's time.

"Do I haft to go. Do they have to... look inside?" she asks and scrunch her nose "I don't know. But probably not. But it's important to have a gynecologist when you start having sex, so you have a doctor to talk about concerns and stuff" I tell her, and she snuggles in my arms.

"Why can't I just talk to you" she sighs "of course you can talk to me, I'm always here to talk to you. But I think we need to get an appointment to make sure that everything is okay" I tell her. It's important to be responsible with these sorts of things to make sure that she is okay. Starting to have sex is in my eyes a coming-of-age step and it's important to make sure that she is okay and having safe sex.