Chapter 58

"Are you serious?" Taehyung asks cautiously as there's no inch of sarcasm in Bogum's statement.

"Of course I am" Bogum casually says and Taehyung almost choked on his own saliva.

"Why would you want to date me? I mean, we're only friends and all s-"

"Well, isn't it obvious? I've been trying to court you, these past few days. I-"

"Wait- Stop!" Taehyung rises his hand in front of the man to make him stop talking. "I'm sorry but I thought we were only friends?"

Now, Taehyung's more than confused. He thought he'd made it clear with Bogum that they are only friends. Actually, he thought Bogum was cool with that.

"We are, okay? I just developed these feelings for you." Bogum sighed lowly. "I can't help it when you're this pretty and when you're my destinated mate, after all"

"Your food!" A waiter came in to interrupt their rather interesting conversation.

The man places the food respectively in front of Bogum and Taehyung.

"Any drinks?" The waiter asks afterwards.

"We're fine. Thank you" Taehyung dismissed and the man bows his head politely before going back to the kitchen.

The two men ate in awkward silence before Bogum decided to break the intense silence between them.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable" Bogum quietly admits.

He literally saw Taehyung's discomfort after his confession. Now, he doesn't know if he should've confessed his feelings for Taehyung or not.

"Let's just eat" Taehyung simply says. He doesn't have the energy to talk about it with Bogum.

He feels so stupid. He thought they were only friend.

"Taehyung" Bogum still insist. He hates the silent treatment, the Omega is giving him. "I'm sorry for ever falling for you"

"Just shut up, okay?" Taehyung breathes out, heavily. "You're one of my closest friends, Bogum. How can you-? -I?" Taehyung lets out a deep sigh. "I just feel so bad because one my best friend fell in love with me."

Taehyung feels so pathetic because he knows he owes Bogum so much. This man found him in this alley. Bogum was always there for him. So how in hell can Taehyung turn him down without hurting his feelings?

"I don't want to pressure you but if you're holding on because of Jungkook then y-"

"Let's stop talking about that. I don't want to leave you here all alone. I'd like to finish our meal first" Taehyung cuts the older off.

He's only inches from leaving Bogum in here. He doesn't want to deal with all of that right now.

~~~~~~~

After their rather awkward dinner, Taehyung and Bogum left the restaurant in deep silence.

When they were about to reach Bogum's vehicle, the Alpha (Bogum) stops in mid track.

"Taehyung?" Bogum calls for the Omega and Omega immediately stops walking to look back at Bogum.

"What?"

"Do you hate me?" Bogum asks with a low voice that sends shivers to Taehyung's whole spin.

"Why-" Taehyung shuts his mouth when Bogum walks dangerously towards him. A bad feeling of déjà vu came in Taehyung's mind as Bogum's cold gaze remind him of his past aggressor ( Sobin). "What are you doing?" Taehyung takes a step back out of fear for the man who's supposed to be his best friend.