Chapter 23

'The heart wants what it wants'

"How is he?" Soyeon asks the doctor who just exited the hospital room.

Following his argument with his father, Jungkook was found, passed out on the floor. Therefore, the Alpha was immediately admitted to hospital.

"He's still taking a rest. I suggest you not to disturb him. He's just physically and emotionally tired"

"What can I do ?" Soyeon frustratedly asks. She feels so powerless and useless right now.

"Where are your parents?" The doctor questions after looking around and finding only Soyeon and other young groups of people waiting for the patient.

"They're not here" Soyeon sighed. "They will not come here anytime soon"

After Soyeon has discovered that her brother's outburst is related to her father, she almost lost her shit. She yelled at her father and banned him from coming to visit Jungkook. She knows how much pressure her father put on Jungkook. She blames this man for pushing Jungkook's button. How can a father do that to his son? Plus, it's not like it's the first time that it happened. The old man knew what he was doing, he just doesn't care about his son's mental health. He likes torturing Jungkook until he explodes.

"Alright" the doctor checks the file in his hands before going on. "Make sure the first person he sees once he wake up is his mate"

"Why?"

"He needs someone that can comfort him right away. I know you're not the most suited person for this. Jungkook had outbursts too in the past and none could tame him. But now that he has found his destinated one, I think it's better to let this person calm down his nerves"

Right. The doctor knows everything about them. But who doesn't? They are the royal family after all, everybody knows about them.

"I don't know-" Soyeon looks around to meet Jungkook's hyungs but none of these people is Jungkook's mate. "His friends are the only person here with me. My brother's destinated mate is not really in good terms with him."

"What did the doctor say?" Yoongi asks immediately once Soyeon finally got to where they are.

"He needs Taehyung" Soyeon breathed out before sitting down next to the men.

"What do you mean?" Jimin frowns.

"The doctor says that it's better if Jungkook wake up by the face of a person who can calm him down. His destinated mate he had said but I guess Suzy's far from the league. She will only grew Jungkook's anger even more"

"Taehyung will not come here" Jin quietly whispers.

"Why can't he? It's for Jungkook's well-being for fuck's sake. I know Taehyung will help. Actually, I'll go s-"

"You can't do that to him Soyeon" Jin jumps in. "Taehyung has been struggling to live on after Jungkook's twentieth birthday. He's still recovering too. He's not okay too. He may act strong but I know he's not. Bringing him here will only break hi-"

"I don't care okay?" Soyeon cries out. "He'll come here and I know he'll do it. He care about Jungkook and Jungkook needs him right now"

"Aren't you a little selfish? Taehyung's a human too. Jungkook's not the only one suffering in there. Taehyung was hurt too. You can't always ask him to come back ramping to Jungkook each time something happen" Jin points out.

"They're both hurting because they're stupid. They clearly still love each other but none of them wants to have a serious conversation about it." Soyeon screamed her lungs out.