Chapter 57

"She's all fine." The doctor announces to Mrs Jeon and Mr Jeon, after checking Suzy.

"What about her stomachache?" Mr Jeon asks precisely.

"Well, it's normal for a pregnant woman t-"

"Wait- What?" Mrs Jeon cries out.

"Your dear daughter in law is soon to be a mom. She's four weeks pregnant. Congratulations!" The doctor smiles brightly at the old couple who only look at each other in disbelief.

"Are you sure that she's pregnant?" Mrs Jeon cautiously asks the doctor.

She's still a bit dumbfounded by the new information.

"Yes, she even told me earlier that she has already done a pregnancy test which confirmed it"

"I hope it's Jungkook's" Mrs Jeon only mumbles under her breath.

Well, she and her husband know that Suzy and Jungkook are not really in good terms even though they are married. Therefore, she doubts that Suzy's child will be Jungkook's.

"I will ask Suzy about it. If it's not Jungkook's, then she better find a way to get ride of it as soon as possible" Mr Jeon firmly says before entering the door to Suzy's bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~

"Are you feeling fine?" Mr Jeon quietly asks once he arrived in front of Suzy's bed.

"Yes"

"That's good" Mr Jeon takes a look at the nervous woman before going on. "The doctor told us that you are pregnant. Who's the father?"

Suzy's eyes widened, following Mr Jeon's question. Nonetheless, she still replies him with a quiet voice.

"It's Jungkook's. During my heat last month, we spent the first night together"

She looks down at her lap while saying so.

"Are you sure? Didn't you have sex with other men? I'm just making sure that my son will not take care of a child who's not his"

A lump forms at the back of Suzy's throat, right after Mr Jeon's speech. She can't believe what this old man dared to ask. How can he think that Suzy would cheat or even whore around?

"I will never cheat on Jungkook, Mr Jeon. He may not love me but as long as we're married, I will never cheat on him" Suzy sounded offended by Mr Jeon's insinuation.

Of course she is, what kind of woman did Mr Jeon think Suzy is? That she's a whore so her child might be other men's?

"No need to be offended, dear. It was just a question, anyway, we will do a paternity test as soon as possible just for confirmation"

Suzy rolls her eyes secretly at man. Of course, her child is Jungkook's. She's sure of that. Taking a paternity test will only be a waste of time.

~~~~~~~

"We need to talk" was the first thing Suzy welcomed Jungkook with, as soon as the Alpha entered the castle.

"What's the matter?" Jungkook asks while rolling his eyes at the woman.

"I'm pregnant" Suzy immediately says before Jungkook could walk away.

"Come again?" Jungkook asks unsure if he's misheard it or what.

"I said that I'm pregnant. It's yours"

"What?" Jungkook scoffs a little while looking up and down at the woman in front of him. "We didn't even have sex. Stop your nonsense."

"We did. On the night of our marriage, I was in heat. Remember?"

"Nope, sorry." Jungkook stubbornly retorts.