Chapter 38

After Jungkook's departure, Taehyung went to work. Well, it's been days since he last worked so it's only fair if he returned as soon as possible. Honestly, if his boss weren't his friend then he's sure he would have been already fired, by now.

When Taehyung arrived at the familiar shop, he takes a deep breath before opening its gate.

"Taehyung!" The sweet voice of Jimin greets Taehyung once he stepped his feet inside of the Gucci store.

"Hey, hyung!" Taehyung greets the older with the same enthusiast.

Well, everyone were already working when Taehyung arrived so now, every eyes were on him.

"Jungkook's officially gone!" Jin appears from behind the counter. The three of them look at each other with sad eyes.

"Let's not be this sad. He'll come back soon" Jimin as the sunshine he is, cheers everyone up, himself including as he too miss the youngest already.

"Yeah, you're right!" Taehyung shakes his head to get ride of these depressing thought.

"Welcome back to work Buddy!" Jin exit the counter to stand up in front of Taehyung and Jimin.

"Thank you hyung!" Taehyung bows his head lightly out of gratitude. "Especially for allowing me to take days off so many times"

"It's only because you needed to spend more time with Jungkook but now you can't expect me to do you this favor that often" Jin reminds Taehyung who eagerly nods his head to confirm that he got it.

"Anyway, let's work since some clients are waiting for us" Jimin announces before running to a client who was impatiently waiting for him.

"You take the counter, go deal with these money." Jin mentions for Taehyung to take his usual job as the cashier.

"Alright, hyung" Taehyung replied.

He walks to the counter after wearing his work suit.

~~~~~

During the whole day, Taehyung has his mind wandering towards Jungkook who is kilometers away from him. The knot in the lower part of his abdomen won't disappear since this morning. He hopes with all of his will that nothing will happen to the Alpha.

"Great job, everyone!" Jin claps his hand to indicate the end of today.

They've received tons of clients as it's almost Christmas, nevertheless, all of the employees did a great job.

"Wanna go out to have dinner?" Jimin came to Taehyung who wasn't that talkative the whole day.

The Omega didn't talk that much during the entire day. Which is not pleasant since Taehyung's a very cheerful person usually.

"I'm not really in the mood" Taehyung declined the offer quietly.

All he wants to do right now is to lay down on his bed after drinking hot drink that his mother prepared for him. Nothing more.

"Don't be so depressed, Tae" Jimin grabs the latter's face into his little palms (which are too cute btw). "It's only the first day. You don't even know when he will be back so try to live a little"

"I can't. I miss him" Taehyung sighed out weakly. "Maybe I will regain my bubbly personality but for now, I can't bring myself to even smile"

"Ohh" Jimin's heart breaks into pieces after hearing Taehyung's confession. "Just so you know, we're always here for you" Jimin says before kissing Taehyung's nose softly.

"Sure" Taehyung tries to put on a smile which looks fake. "If Jungkook was there then he would have ripped your head out of your body for kissing me like that" Taehyung scoffs sadly.