Chapter 27

"Where are you going?" Taehyung whines when Jungkook left the bed.

"I got a call. It's urgent" The Alpha replied briefly before running out to take his call.

Once he was outside, Jungkook let a deep sigh before taking the call from his main soldier.

JK: What?

Soldier: Sorry for calling you this early in the morning, Jungkook-ssi but something urgent came up

JK: What is it? Make it quick. I don't have much time.

Soldier: Our borderland has been attacked by rogues again.

Jungkook's breath hitched at that.

JK: What do you mean?

Soldier: The rogues have attacked us, again. It's not like the previous attacks though. They were many of them and they were also well prepared.

Jungkook freezes in the spot. Rogues have attacked his pack, again? He fears that some of his soldiers may have lost their lives or got seriously injured.

JK: Was it serious? How many of you are injured?

A knot formed in his throat as he hurriedly asks these questions to his soldier.

Soldier: Three men were killed and ten badly injured.

JK: I'm coming back right now.

The alpha immediately ended the call. He stayed there for one minute. Mind completely foggy by these new informations. He rethought deeply about the previous call before heading back in the bedroom.

"Who was it? You look pale" Taehyung gets out of the bed when he noticed Jungkook's tensed face entering the room.

"I have to go back to the castle" Jungkook announces, refusing to reply to the Omega's question.

"You can but you need to tell me what's happening" Taehyung approaches the Alpha, quietly.

"I can't, right now. I have to go. It's an urgent" Jungkook didn't let Taehyung the time to respond as he rushed to take his keys and wallet.

"Jungkook please-"

"I'll call you later" The Alpha interrupts the Omega abruptly before walking towards the latter and pecks his lips quickly before heading towards the door.

A confused Taehyung was left behind. He's pissed at the Alpha for not telling him but he knows that they'll eventually talk about it another time. He could only wish that nothing really bad had happened.

~~~~~

"You're finally back" Jin greets Taehyung once he stepped inside the shop.

Taehyung decided to go to work after the Alpha had left him earlier. It's not like he has the choice anyway, Jin yelled at him on the phone, to get his ass back to work.

"You threatened to fire me" Taehyung points out.

"I can't let you take advantage of my kindness. You told me you're going to have 2 or 3 days off but you were missing for 5 days"

"It wasn't my fault, okay? It's not like I'm lazy or something. I couldn't leave Jungkook alone" Taehyung retorts.

"Well, Jungkook's rut only lasts for two days as far as I know" Jin retorts back.

"His rut lasted two days but I got into heat too so I had to stay there until the end of my heat"

"You what??" Jimin joins the two men after dealing with a customer.