"Mrs. Alwyn. It's time for you to make your statement" the foreman of the panel address me, and I stand up by my seat. Thankfully I don't need to go anywhere else, but Adam turns so he is looking straight at me. To make sure I don't panic I look straight forward to the parole board. 

"hi I'm Taylor Alwyn and nine years ago I was one of the victims of Adam wiles crimes. My daugther and I, who was six years old at the time, spent a week locked in a basement not knowing if we were going to make it out of there alive. We were beaten, I was raped again and again, and we lost more and more hope as time went on. It's not something that ever leaves you, and he was of a sane mind and determined down there. Ever since we got the news that he applied for parole we have hardly slept because there is a genuine fear of a reoffence. He never showed any remorse before, during or after the trial and that is frightening. That's why we are here today to make it known that if he is let out of prison our lives could be put in mortal danger again. We saw once how far he would go to get his hands on me, and in the process taking my child as well. It took a lot of therapy and sleepless nights to feel safe in our own home again after being taken from there against our will, and if he is let out of prison, I don't think we will ever feel safe again. Without showing any sign of remorse one could argue that the chances of him doing it again is high. Thank you" I say confidently but my voice cracks at a few points. 

I am genuinely scared for what happens if he is let out of these gates. I'm scared that he is going to come after my family again and this time take things to another level. There is no telling what extent he will go to, to get what he wants. He can't be trusted to let out into society ever in my opinion. If you don't show remorse, there really isn't a way that you can let that person reenter society without putting us and everyone else in danger. I know that I'm no more than a mom and a victim, but I also knew him intimately for over a year back in the day, and I know that he isn't remorseful. If you're going to be let out on parole, there should be at least a certain amount of realizing and admitting that you did something wrong. If you still don't think, after nine years, that what you did was wrong there shouldn't even be a question if the person should remain locked up. 

"Miss Elliana Alwyn. You can make your statement now" the foreman says, and she stands up and take a deep breath and I keep my hand firmly in hers. She is 15 years old, but she is still a child and in this specific matter she regresses and become more like a six-year-old again. 

-ellies pov- 

"i'm Elliana Alwyn and just like my mom I was taken from my home by Adam wiles in September 2026. I was 6 years old and now I'm 15, but it still feels like it was yesterday. He took something from me, he took my innocence and my sense of security. When we were down there, he told me I was going to die, and it's been nine years but that still lingers in my head. We didn't think we were going to ever get back home to my dad and sisters, we didn't know how long we were going to be there or if we were going to die down there. I don't think I will ever feel truly safe again, I don't know if that feeling of being in danger will ever go away. But it makes me even more upset to know that he doesn't feel remorse. He has never said he is sorry or showed that he did something wrong. That's the scary part if he is let out, there is no telling if he will stay away from us, and I don't think I could ever sleep a good night's sleep again if I knew he was out walking the streets. I am scared, and I think letting him out after all he has done is a bad idea. I don't know what more to say than that" I say and wipe away a stray tear before thanking them for listening to me and sitting back down. 

I'm tucked between my parents and holding one of their hands in each of mine firmly. The fact that right now I'm sitting inside a maximum-security prison is surreal. I never thought I would ever see the inside of any type of prison because there is no reason for me to be here. But I am here now to fight to keep this man that took my innocence away from getting parole.