CHAPTER 399: Traitors

Nearing the late afternoon, Yue Ling and her team along with Lu Tian and Xu Long continued to clean up the mess befell inside Uncle Zhi's shop.

However, unlike everyone, Yue Ling held a sulking expression. Due to her pregnancy she was limited to doing things. Well, more like she couldn't do anything at all.

Every time she reached for something, someone would suddenly appear out of no where and grab the item.

Walking to the far corner of the room, she sighs in relief as no one seemed to have gotten to this part of the store. She knows that they are worried about her, but it's not like she cannot be of any help.

Reaching down for a piece of cloth that was once used as a shelf liner, she decides to pick it up.

However, just as she was about to bend down to grab it, a larger hand was faster and picks it up.

"..."

Yue Ling stares at the ground in a daze. She sighs inside and straightens her posture.

Turning to look at the person, she takes a deep breath.

Lifting a hand, she pinch the space between her brows while her other hand fists at her hip.

"Tian, its only a piece of cloth."

Seeing the irritated look in her face, Lu Tian paid no attention to it. He looks at her then down to the cloth now in his hand.

It was covered in dirt and some parts of it was missing.

Anyone who sees it would agree with her that it's only a piece of cloth, but...

"You can accidently suffocate from this."

Without waiting to see her reaction, Lu Tian turns away and throws the cloth away.

Even if this is just a piece of cloth, the shop is in a mess. What if she accidently trips on something and falls? Or what if her face landed on the cloth? It can stop her from breathing.

Yue Ling lower her hand and stares at the man. She was at a loss for all words. Her mouth opened and closed to say something, but to no avail, nothing came out.

Unable to think straight, she turns to her team for some kind of help.

Everyone was amused at what they were seeing and in smiles of how Lu Tian is so overly protective. However, when Yue Ling turned to face them, everyone quickly looks away.

It was like they did not know anything or see anything.

Yue Ling: "..."

Seeing how her own team turned a blind eye to her. Yue Ling scoffs in disbelief. She looks at Lu Tian then to her team again.

"Traitors."

"..."

Standing a few feet away Liu Shan was dumbfounded when he heard his boss's words. He sighs inside and shook his head.

Boss, if only you knew. Your husband has been giving us cold eyes if we allowed you pick up anything.

In a close distance to the assistant, Qi Li shook his head at his boss. He pays no attention to what she said and continues to pick up more things from the ground.

However, when Xu Long heard her word, he gasps aloud with his mouth widely open. His head quickly turn in every direction.

"Traitor? Where? Who's the traitor?! Ack!"

The back of his head is suddenly smacked, and he glares at the person with a raging voice.

"Lin! Hui!"