CHAPTER 231: It is here

Liu Shan stare dumbfounded at the man with eyes twitching upwards. He wasn't dumbfounded about what he heard, but what he was looking at. If one was to see this, one would say how hideous Xu Long looked at this moment.

"Bro, do you have a girlfriend?"

Hearing this question, Xu Long's eyes turned to normal and his shoulder slump to the floor. How he wish to cry at this moment, but sadly, he lack the tears to.

"Why, Bro? Why? Why do you have to ask that...?"

Liu Shan blinked his eyes then rolled them.

"It's probably because you just did one of the most horrifying face I've ever seen."

Lifting his hand, he pats the man on the shoulder and sighed.

"Don't worry, since we're going to be 'family' soon, I'll help you."

He leans in on Xu Long and whispers, "I have a beautiful woman I'm seeing, I can ask if she has a friend for you."

"..."

*ding*

Xu Long was rendered speechless. He stare at the stylish man walking inside the suddenly opened elevator. When did he do one of the most horrifying face ever? And introduce? Will he finally get a girlfriend?

"Are you getting in or not?"

"I am!"

Like a soldier reporting for duty, Xu Long determinedly salute at Liu Shan's question. He quickly enters the elevator and more questions pour to his new family member.

How happy will his parents be when they find out that their workaholic son is going to actually meet women?!!

--

At the same time, in another part of Imperial Ji family's stunning Spanish mansion stood amongst the open vast field.

However, inside the only study room in the mansion, Old man Ji sat behind his desk. His eyes stare unblinking at the piece of paper in his hand.

"Zhang Yong, my day is closing in sooner than I had thought..."

Across him was his long time assistant, Zhang Yong. He set the paper down and close his eyes to take a deep breath.

Zhang Yong lower his head and wrinkle lips tremble. He has been in and out of the hospital with the old man everyday.

Whether it was good news or bad news, he has witnessed everything. Just from hearing those words, he knows that, that piece of paper brings nothing but bad news.

If things keep going south, he will have no choice but to betray the old man and tell Yue Ling.

If he tells her, maybe, just maybe-

"Don't even think about telling her."

Old man Ji glares at his assistant. One glance was enough to see what he was thinking about. As the person by his side for so long, how can he not understand his assistant.

Moving his eyes back to the piece of paper, he opens a drawer and set it down under some folders.

"I will ask Yue Ling one last time. If she does not want to, then I will have no choice but to hand Ji Corps to the other members."

Zhang Yong's eyes widen hearing old man Ji's words. He clench his fist tightly and his breathing turned rapid.

"Chairman, I'm sure young Miss will understand. If you hand Ji Corps to the other family, all your hard work would be destroyed!"