CHAPTER 277: Watch the lanterns

’I am the daughter of my father and my father is the son of Fate’s leader.’

Lu Tian stare into his wife’s eyes. He does not say a word, nor does he show a change in expression upon hearing her story. The only thing he thought about was her words as they repeated in his mind.

His wife really is the granddaughter of Fate’s leader...

From the moment they came back from Retro, he had his suspicions, but he didn’t think much of it....

Now hearing her say so herself, it’s even more of a shock for him. It’s not that he cares, but when he first met her, he really did thought she was a normal person.

After unexplainable encounters, he kept questioning her background, but never asked...

However, to know her true background.....

Lu Tian took one last look at his wife and he turn his head to look at the unlit lantern on the table.

Taking steps away, the faint lights of the lit lanterns on the grass illuminates behind him.

He stare down at the paper lantern in a long silence.

"People always say I have everything, but the truth is, in their eyes I am a person who is cold blooded.."

He takes a step forward and reach down to get the unlit lantern.

"Because I am the oldest son and the heir of Lu Corps, I am always targeted. I had to prepare myself everyday for the unimaginable, so I distant myself. When I did, I started to realize the true colors of those around me and I learned to cut them out of my life. It wasn’t me who they wanted to know, it was my wealth and connection they were after."

He turns around and looks at Yue Ling. He held the lantern in one hand and the candle in his other.

His expression was still as cold as ever and there was not ounce of emotion that can be seen.

"I never understood why my father loves my mother so much..."

He takes a step forward and it wasn’t until he stops a feet away from Yue Ling did his expression soften.

"It wasn’t until I met you that I realized a lot of feelings I never I had."

Yue Ling quietly stare at Lu Tian and she could feel her eyes start to tear up. His words were comforting and honest. They live in different worlds, yet so similar at the same time.

"I started to understand what life really means and you became the light in my life, lighting everything for me."

Lu Tian faintly smile at her, but Yue Ling could see the affection in his smile. It was the smile of accepting, a smile that could ease her heart. She looks down at the lantern in his hand and she carefully takes it from him.

He carefully use the candle to light the fuel and he place the candle down on the table.

Both individuals held one side of the lantern’s end. When the fuel burn completely both their hands let go at the same time and allow the faint wind to slowly carry the lantern upwards.

Yue Ling’s gaze follow the lantern and her head tilt back. She stare at the lantern as it flies higher into the night sky.

At the same time, Lu Tian did not look at the lantern, his eyes never left his wife and he takes a step forward to hold her hand.

"I once said to you, if you need a shoulder to lean on, I will lend you mine. If you need someone to listen to you, I will give you my ears. If you need strength, I will be your strength."