CHAPTER 383: Five Drunken Generals

"Is that what I think it is? Springtime Memories?"

An elderly man who admires artifacts gasp in surprise as he was able to catch a glimpse of the breath-taking painting. Even from away, he knows art when he sees it, and this was a piece beyond anything he has ever laid eyes on.

Hearing the man, another man also gasp, "You said Springtime Memories? I heard the painting was sold for 230 million yuan to an anonymous buyer. I would have never thought that the buyer was Old Lu."

Grandfather Ji is also a collector of artifacts, especially when there is a long history behind it. However, when he heard the price of the gift, he looks at Old Lu in complex and astonishment.

He did not think the Lu family would be so generous to actually spend that amount on him.

He continues to look at Old Lu and sighs.

"This gift is too valuable. I do not think I can keep it."

Old Lu and Madam Lu were struck dumbfounded. The husband and wife looks at each other then to the old man.

"Uncle, this is a gift from us to you. Please take it as our gratitude for all the years you have been our elder."

Madam Lu smiles her words at the old man. After the death of her father, Grandfather Ji had taken on the role as her uncle and a father figure. He is the only elder she is close with and greatly respects.

Standing closer to Grandfather Ji, Old Lu sighs a smile as he nods his head in agreeing with his wife’s words.

The old man is indeed like a father to him too.

Many people did not know, but his father, Madam Lu’s father, Yue Ling’s paternal grandfather, Manager Luo and Grandfather Ji were the closest of friends.

The word ’friendship’ cannot even describe the bond they share. These five figures together are like brothers more than friends.

However, now, it was only Grandfather Ji and Manager Luo who are still here with them.

Hearing Madam Lu’s words, Grandfather Ji sighs inside. His head nod once as he waves the servants to put the gift in a safe spot.

Just as Madam Lu and Old Lu took a step aside, it was Lu Tian’s turn.

As the tall and cold man walks towards the old man, Old Lu passes his oldest son with a face as if say, ’Hoho, let’s see if your gift can beat mine.’

Seeing this, Lu Tian shook his head. At times, he feels his father can be quite childish. Especially when it comes to gifting someone something.

Stopping in front of the old man, both his hand stretch forward to give the man his gift.

It was a dark wooden box that looked like it would fall apart if someone was not careful. Even pieces of the woods are missing.

However, he did not care. He stood in front of the old man and part his lips to speak.

"A long time ago, I remember you said you regretted not buying this. I hope your interest in this has not faded."

Handing it to the old man, he takes a step back.

Grandfather Ji narrow his eyes at the oldest Lu boy. He ponder in thought about Lu Tian’s words but could not seem to recall not buying something he was interested in.

However, staring at the wooden box in his hands, he is curious to know what is inside that made Lu Tian say such words.

He unhooks the latch that sealed the box closed and opens the lid.