CHAPTER 300: Here for business

The heavens darken and thunder rumble in the sky as the late afternoon arrive. Heavy bean-sized raindrops fell from the sky, damping over City Z.

The tall dark building remains gloomy, but it glistens like a painting.

On the second highest floor, the door to the back room opens and the people inside walk out.

They discuss amongst one another as they exit the room.

Chief Kim walks out of the room and he stops. He turns back to the last group to leave and smile.

"Mr. Lu, care to join this old one for lunch?"

Lu Tian walks out of the room follow by Jiangyu and Yiqing. When he heard Chief Kim’s question, he stops. His brows slightly furrow before his expression returns to expressionless.

He looks at Chief Kim and nod his head.

"My car will follow yours."

Hearing the unexpected answer, Chief Kim smiles and turns to leave first. It is his greatest honor to have lunch with Lu Tian.

Every year when they have this meeting, whether it was in City Z or Imperial, Lu Tian would decline all the invitations.

From behind, Jingyu stares at his boss with a confused expression. Usually, his boss wouldn’t agree, so why now?

Thinking this, he lift his hand scratch the side of his head.

"Boss, what about our other purpose of coming here?"

Lu Tian’s eyes remain on the old man’s departing figure. He slightly tilt his head to Jiangyu and his deep voice sounds.

"Wait for Xu Long’s call."

Saying this, he takes a step forward and walks away from the back room.

He is in a rush to go back home to be with his wife, but Xu Long has not found the location of the meeting Chu Qiang is participating.

If it wasn’t for that, he wouldn’t have agreed to join Chief Kim for lunch.

Once he finishes his purpose of coming here, no one can stop him from returning to his wife.

Jiangyu and Yiqing looks at each other and nod their head. Both men quickly follow after their boss.

If their boss says to wait, then wait it shall be.

Outside, the rain continues to pour over City Z without stopping.

In a private room inside one of City Z’s most highly rated restaurants, Lu Tian sat on a chair across from Chief Kim.

A waiter stood at the side as he just finished taking their order and collects the menu book.

"Mr. Lu, I was truly surprised when you agreed to have lunch with this old man."

Chief Kim spoke in a cheerful and happy tone. He cannot wait to brag about this to the others. How jealous would they be?

Lu Tian does not say a word, but not his head.

The waiter walks out of the room and just when he stepped out, another waiter enters the private room.

The new waiter walks over to Chief Kim and whispers near his ear.

"Chief...."

Upon listening to the waiter’s words, a glint of light beams in Chief Kim’s eyes. He chuckles heartily and ushers the waiter to get going.

"Hahah, what are you waiting for, bring her in."

"Yes, Chief."

The waiter bows and quickly takes his leave out the room.