CHAPTER 311: Undying love

[WARNING: This chapter contains scenes inappropriate for younger readers!!]

While the lonesome night turned chaotic for Yue Ling’s subordinate, Lin Hui and Lu Tian’s assistant, Xu Long, the two bosses stayed inside the warm penthouse.

Yue Ling stood in front of the floor to ceiling window inside Lu Tian’s bedroom. The view was different from hers and it gave a different feeling despite the pouring rain outside.

Thinking back to the dangerous situation she was in earlier, she gently touch her abdomen.

Her strength alone was enough to take down the men, but it would have harmed her baby. If Inu and Lin Hui had not been there with her, who knows how the outcome would have turned for her.

At the thought of possibly losing her child, Yue Ling close her eyes and her fingers gently grip against her abdomen. It was as if she was holding tightly onto her child.

Lost in her thoughts, she did not notice the man standing by the door.

After their bath, Lu Tian gave her one of his shirts to wear since she did not bring any extra clothes. He had left the room to let her change while he went to check on Inu. When he came back, he did not see her in bed and his eyes panickily search for her.

However, seeing her stand in front of the window, he sighed in relief. He felt the tension inside him loosen, but he does not move and continue to gaze at her.

The way she wore his shirt made it look like a dress on her, but it added an alluring and mesmerizing aura around her. It was as if she was a goddess sent down by the heavens to tempt any man who meets her.

Of course, the only man is him and no one else.

He quietly close the door and walks towards her. He made sure not to disturb her thoughts as he forgot to breath himself.

Unaware of the man behind her, Yue Ling remained unmoving. It wasn’t until she felt his larger hand slip around her.

She did not flinch at his sudden touch. Her eyes slowly open and she looks down. Her hand that was caressing her abdomen was now replace with his as she held his.

"Not tired?"

Lu Tian cooed near her ear as he finally remembered to breathe. He inhale her scent and embrace her tighter as if wanting to knead her with him.

Yue Ling couldn’t help but smile and shook her head. She leans against his broad chest with a thought.

Every time she is in his arms, he gave her a sense of security. Like every burden she carries are lifted away by him.

Thinking this, she reposition herself to face him. Her bluish green eyes stares into his and the courageous woman inside her breaks. Only with him, can she show such weakness.

Her eyes moisten and she hugs him tighter.

Lu Tian was at a loss for words. He stares down at his wife and he softens.

He allows her to hug his waist as he wrap his arms around her tightly. His chin rest on top of her head and a tinge of pain stabs his heart.

Even if she is the leader of Fate and a woman with a strong well, she is still human. And like everyone, she has feelings too.

Remembering the uneasy feeling he had, he hated himself for not being with her when she and their child was in danger.

He close his eyes and kiss the top of her head.

"I’m sorry I did not come back sooner."

He pulls away from her, but only enough so he could see her face.