CHAPTER 299: Explain

Inside the study room in the Ji Mansion, Grandfather Ji sat behind his desk. His eyes stare intensely at the figure across from him.

"Ah Ling, are you going to explain? How do you know Lu Tian and when did you both meet?"

He has watched Lu Tian grow into a fine young man. He also knows that the boy is not interest in women, even he thought the boy was into men. Not only that, there has never been any rumors about the boy dating.

His eyes narrow and his words continue.

"As your yeye, you shouldn’t lie to me."

Saying this his eyes narrow more until they are barely open. Until he thought of something and his eyes widen.

"Two people living at Jade Condos.... Is that how you both met?"

Yue Ling remains calm. She did not wince at all to his words. Even though she could feel the intimidating aura, she flicks it away like swatting a fly.

After all, she is his granddaughter and knows him better than anyone. Not only that, he was one of the elders who trained her.

Seeing the old man’s face slowly turn red from her silence, she sighs inside. She leans back on the chair and cross her arms over her chest.

"Lu Tian and I met when I first arrived in Imperial. We met a few times by coincidence and now we’re engaged."

"What?!!"

Grandfather Ji’s eyes widen in shock. He abruptly stood up and pace back and forth in the room. Both his arms motion in the air like he is dancing.

"Aiya! What kind of news is this? You’ve both known each other since then? How can I meet your parents now? Engage? What do I tell Old Han? What will my wife think of me now?"

Grandfather Ji stops by his desk for support and massage his temples.

"Ah Ling, tell me, how did you become engage to Lu Tian.... Eh? EH?!"

He froze once he realized something was not right. His eyes slowly widen along with his mouth. The look he has reminds one of a sloth.

"Engage?"

He gasps aloud and his legs turn weak. He staggers back to his chair and sits down.

"En...En...gage..."

Did he hear that wrong? No, she clearly said engage. How?

He could not believe it. How can his granddaughter be engaged to Lu Tian? He thought they were only seeing each other or at most dating.

But engaged?

"How can this be?"

Grandfather Ji was at a loss for words. Without thinking, he had whispered his thoughts. He massages his temples again and mutter random words to himself.

Yue Ling stare at her grandfather with a complex expression. She couldn’t help but question whether she had thought wrong. Could it be that her grandfather didn’t like Lu Tian?

Thinking this, she sat up straightly and looks at her grandfather with stern eyes. However, there is a mixture of assurance and love.

"Yeye, although Lu Tian appears cold, he is really good to me."

"....."

Grandfather Ji jumped at her words. He cast her a glance and seeing how she must have gotten the wrong idea, he is even more dumbfounded.

He takes a deep breath to calm his head and wave his hand before massaging his temples again.

"Ah Ling, how can you get engage to someone without informing me? What if he turns out to be a bad man?"