CHAPTER 286: Right there

Outside of Imperial Hospital, Yue Ling’s white BMW x5 comes to a screeching stop. From inside the car, she sees the scene and her face drain of all colors.

Why are the police and military here?

Police officers and soldiers surrounded every inch of Imperial Military Hospital. Doctors, nurses and patients were evacuated outside creating a crowd.

Yue Ling quickly gets out of the car and ignores the sick looking Liu Shan.

In a quick pace, she makes her way towards the hospital entrance.

"Miss, you can’t go in!"

A man in police uniform quickly blocks her way. He pulls her back and shook his head.

"We are still securing the premises. No one is allow to go in."

Yue Ling looks at the officer and her eyes dim dangerously.

"Move."

The police man frowns and he continues to block Yue Ling from entering. She only said one word, but it caused chills to crawl on his spine when he heard it. He also swore that her expression alone can kill someone. However... he takes a deep breath.

"Miss, we are currently in a dangerous situation, I cannot let you enter."

"Yue Ling!!"

From the side, a woman calls out to Yue Ling. The woman wore a police uniform and she walks over to them.

"It’s okay, she can go in."

The policeman furrow his brows and looks at Yue Ling. He is hesistant in letting her go in or not. She doesn’t look like a person in the police force, so why....

"Detective Zhi, our order is to not let civilians inside."

Zhi Yilan looks at Yue Ling then the policeman.

"Let her in. I will inform the higher ups."

Still in the car, Liu Shan finally calms himself from wanting to vomit. He opens the passenger door and steps out of the car.

Seeing how his boss is stuck at the door by two police officer, he quickly makes his way to help. However, just when he took one step forward....

"BAAAANNGG--!!!"

The sound of gunshots echo into the clear blue sky as everyone froze in place. Quickly, officers and soldiers start to evacuate the people to safer ground.

"Everyone move! Get to safety!"

"Doctors, move the patients this way!"

"Oh God, did someone get kill?"

As the shouting and crying start, Yue Ling could only feel her feet frozen in place and she slowly looks up to the roof of the hospital. Her face turn transparent after hearing the gunshots.

It wasn’t only the gunshots that she heard, there was also the faint dreadful cry of Uncle Nuo’s voice that followed.

No... yeye.. grandmother Nuo...

She quickly pushes her way through without caring about Zhi Yilan and the policeman. Her mind turn into worry and she only thought about getting to the roof. She has to make sure that nothing happens to her yeye and grandmother Nuo.

Seeing her run in, Liu Shan quickly reacts and rushes in after her.

He knows that when it involves the military, Grandfather Ji will always be there. Not only that, he knows how Yue Ling is.