CHAPTER 304: Přijít

The long night began to whisper in the air as the heavens above continue to weep. The trickling sound came to the ears of those awake like music and a lullaby to those asleep. However, as the people of Imperial immerse into their own world, they heed no attention to the situation happening at Jade Condos.

"Boss, are you sure?"

Inside the pitch-black penthouse, Lin Hui spoke as he abruptly stood from the while couch. He stares at the figure standing in front of the floor to ceiling window. He does not make another sound but wait in silence.

Yue Ling stares out the window for a long minute before turning around.

Although the place no longer held any lights, her eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness. She looks at Lin Hui and nod her head.

"They'll be here soon."

In the dark, Lin Hui clench his fists tightly. He thought about the strange phone call and was able to connect the dots. Both his arms raise and reach towards his back as his hands slide under his leather jacket. He pulls out a Beretta 95 and a silencer.

As he adjusts the silencer on the tip of the pistol, he looks at his boss.

"I'll handle this side."

Saying this, he jumps over the couch and moves to the door. His movements were swift and quiet that it makes one think he was floating on air. He leans his back against the wall and held his gun into position.

If those 'guests' open the door, it will cover him and block their view seeing him.

Yue Ling did not move away from the window. The look on her face was her usual calm temperament, but her head turned towards the door.

Her eyes slowly flutter, and she turns her head to the other side.

Inu, who had been deeply asleep was now sitting up on his comfortable bed. In his sleep, he had sense something was not right and awoke, however, he was met with the darkness that engulfed the entire place.

Yue Ling looks away from the little guy and walks out of the living room.

"Přijít."

Her voice trails in an almost whisper, but Inu's ears perk in understanding. He swiftly jumps out of bed and follows in pursuit. However, despite his fluffy and adorable looks, his entire demeanor changed as his eyes scanned the place in full alert.

Walking pass the kitchen and through the hallway, Yue Ling heads for bedrooms. Her feet stop and she stood in front of two doors. One in front of her and one to her right.

The door in front was her and Lu Tian's bedroom that had been left open, but only darkness greeted her like the rest of the place. She turns away and opens the door on her right as she steps into her closet room.

Even without the light, she knew where everything was placed. Her calm movements quickly approach one of the shelves housing her many shoes.

Staring down at what looks to be a pair of knee-length boots, she reaches her hand inside one of them. Her finger curls around something cold and solid as she pulls her hand back out. What follows is a black PIG Sauer P226.

She pulls the slide back to eject the empty cartridge and turns away from the show shelf. Taking a few steps towards the door, her hand gently brushes over the top of her makeup vanity before sliding under to grab an item.

Without stopping in her steps, she walks out of the room and adjust the silencer on her gun.

As her figure leaves the room, she stood in the hallway and turn her head to look at the pitch-black living room.