CHAPTER 398: Midnight

Morning quickly turned into afternoon for Imperial as Yue Ling and Lu Tian arrives at Uncle Zhi’s shop.

Stepping out of the car, the couple dressed in casual wear since neither were going to work.

Yue Ling turn to the man and faintly smiles.

"The place is in a mess. Be careful where you step."

Lu Tian nod his head. However, it is not him who he is worried about, but her. He had tried to persuade her to stay home since the dust may harm her body, but she kept insisting on coming.

Walking through the hallway inside the rundown building, both individuals put on a mask as there was dust everywhere.

Approaching the main entrance, the once metal door that secured the shop was no longer standing in its place.

As Yue Ling enters the shop, she sighs in pity at the sight of it, while Lu Tian stopped at the door.

Yue Ling had already told the situation beforehand, but when he saw the inside of the shop, he was stunned to the ground.

He thought it was only the items that were destroyed, but not only were the shelves destroyed, even the concrete walls were smashes with a sledgehammer.

Whoever it was must have some kind of malicious feelings towards Uncle Zhi.

Lifting his leg, he takes a step forward. However, to his surprise, not only was Yue Ling’s team already here, but even his assistant was here.

"Boss! You made it!"

Xu Long was also wearing a mask as he seemed to be lifting a piece of broken wood that was part of a shelf when he saw his boss enter.

He carried the piece of wood to a corner of the shop and drops it with the rest of the things gathered.

Walking over to Lu Tian, his eyes turned into an upside-down crescent as one can see that he is smiling despite the mask covering his mouth.

Staring at his assistant, Lu Tian did not return a smile. His natural cold eyes moves away from Xu Long then to the others moving all the broken things.

"How did it go?"

Just as Xu Long nears his boss, hearing the question, he sighs inside and shook his head.

"Liu Shan informed me this morning after you called. When I arrived, we tried to search for the culprit, but we were all led to a dead end. This person made sure that none of the camera’s picked up their figure, let alone shadow."

Saying this, his brows furrow and he pout his lip. Leaning towards his boss, he whispers.

"Do you think this has something to do with Black Dragon?"

Lu Tian was analyzing the situation when he heard Xu Long’s sudden questions. His brows slightly furrow for a quick second then he shook his head.

"Chu Qiang is not the type to pull something like this."

Looking in the direction of his wife, he ponders in thought.

He (Lu Tian) may have put Chu Li Xiang behind bars, but knowing how Chu Qiang is, the man will never steep so low as to vandalize a person’s shop.

If he (Chu Qiang) was the one behind this, he would have done so face to face and not hide in dark.

Besides, many know that Chu Qiang and Chu Li Xiang may be brothers, but both are not on good terms. With the younger brother out of the picture, it give Chu Qiang more time to relax and deal with his own problems.