CHAPTER 202: I do love her

-----

A coppery sun skimmed the horizon. It's rays of light poured through the windows of penthouse 1503.

"Mm....."

Yue Ling woke up from her sweet dream and stretched her arms. With sleepy eyes, she looks at the spot next to her.

"You're awake."

Hearing the voice she didn't expect, she turns to look at the door. Seeing Lu Tian already dressed in all black and ready for work, Yue Ling arch her brows.

"Well, you're always the early one."

She lifts the comforter and gets out of bed. Out of habit, she fix the bed. Just when she was done and about to turn around, a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist.

"What's wrong?"

Yue Ling asked as it was unusual for Lu Tian to do this in the morning. Not only that, isn't he leaving for work?

"I have an early meeting, so I wanted to hug you before I leave for work."

Lu Tian rested his head on her shoulder and inhaled her unique scent that eases his mind. Moving one hand, he place it on her stomach and gently caress it without making anything unnoticeable.

He swore to protect Yue Ling and their baby. He will spoil the both of them and let them know, they are always safe.

Hearing Lu Tian's words, Yue Ling chuckles and squirm around to face the man. Looking up at him, she smiles and wrap her hands around his neck.

"Silly, it's not like you won't see me."

Lu Tian's dark eyes did not leave Yue Ling's bluish green ones. Like a man in a trance, he lowered his head to kiss the woman.

Just when he was about to kiss her, Yue Ling quickly cover Lu Tian's mouth with one hand. Her cheeks flushed red and she slightly lower her head bashfully.

"I just woke up and haven't brushed my teeth."

Lu Tian's lip curl upwards behind Yue Ling's hand. Lifting one hand, he held her hand covering his mouth and moves it.

Lu Tian: "It's ok."

Yue Ling: "Even when I have morning breath? What if it smells like fermented tofu?"

Lu Tian: "That's fine with me too."

Yue Ling: "..."

Lu Tian held in his laugh seeing Yue Ling's dumbfounded expression. Leaning forward, he kisses her lip that he loves so much.

Pulling away, he sighed reluctantly. There's never a time when he wants to part from her. However, work calls and he needs to maintain a good income to give to his wife and child.

Not only that, he needs to find out which gang those men from last night are from. Only by doing so, he can protect his family from any upcoming harm.

He smiles a small smile and kiss Yue Ling's forehead. Stepping away, he chuckle at how she is still in a daze and stride out of the bedroom.

"I already made breakfast, eat it while it's still warm."

Yue Ling stare unblinking at Lu Tian's back. She was really surprised because of his answers. No matter how many times it is, she don't ever think she will get use to it.

After a long while, her eyes finally blinked. She quickly shake herself back to her senses and walk to the bathroom to get ready. Doing so, she caress her stomach and chuckles.

"Baby, your daddy is a little weird sometimes."

------

With the sun slowly rising in the sky. Inside a building that looked to be abandoned, Liu Shan stood inside a tightly secured room. In front of him was a table full of boxes and wrapped up items that looked like logs.